Front-End Software Engineer (D/F/M)
- Paris, France
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Operations
- Skills / Job Strem Ref: Software
Dailymotion is the leading video discovery destination & technology that learns about your tastes over time, constantly surfacing the best, most relevant content on the web. Our mission is to provide the best video user experience for consumers on the market, connecting publishers and advertisers to engaged viewers who turn to Dailymotion for their daily fix of the most compelling music, entertainment, news and sports content around.
Through partnerships with the world's leading publishers and content creators, France Télévisions, Le Monde, CBS, Bein Sports, CNN, GQ, Universal Music Group, VICE and more, Dailymotion commands 3 billion monthly pageviews across its mobile app, desktop and connected TV experiences. Dailymotion is owned by Vivendi, one of the largest mass-media corporations in the world.
At Dailymotion, we‘re storytellers. We build the best place for people to enjoy the videos that matter. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring discoverable stories to life through premium content from the world’s best publishers. We do this by helping these publishers grow their audiences and monetize their content, their way.
Dailymotion is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We value inclusion and we want you to help us thrive for a more diverse community.
Join a highly-experienced team with a passion for building highly-scalable, real-time distributed multithreaded server-side applications!
We are seeking a Software Front-End Engineer who is flexible, accountable, and able to think outside the box. In return, we will give you challenging work that has a direct impact on the business, opportunities to learn and grow, and a collaborative culture that encourages every member of our team to bring their point of view to the table.
The Ad Tech team is working to develop and improve the Dailymotion's in-house monetization platform and its UI that is the entry point of the whole system and used on a daily basis by the Ad Operations team to configure, monitor, and report on all aspects of the revenue pipeline.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Gain high-level understanding of all components of our application to accurately estimate new features, enhancements, and bug fixes
- Collaborate closely with QA, UX, Product, API, and Data team to ensure expectations and requirements are clear
- Experience with developing front-end applications
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related majors is desired
- Knowledge with developing applications and in its lifecycle management (testing, delivering, maintenance, refactoring, bugs fix)
- Deliver high quality tested code on time using industry standard best practices meeting all product and technical requirements
- Demonstrable passion for technology by continually making suggestions around how to make us better (better code, faster delivery, easier maintenance, etc.…)
- Experience with at least one CSS preprocessor (e.g. LESS, SASS, etc.)
- Knowledge of Web development, Web architecture, HTTP, JSON REST, CORS, and JSONP
- Experience with collaborative software engineering techniques and methods: agile development, continuous delivery, code review/pairing, unit testing…
- Knowledge with the last EcmaScript standard version.
- Experience with any application builder (e.g Webpack, etc.)
- Experience with Jest, Enzyme, and testing React Components in large applications
- Experience with Cypress and integration testing
- Experience with automated delivery pipelines
At Dailymotion, we empower candidates to take action. If this job sounds like a great opportunity for you, be confident in your skills, we are always happy to meet you! If needed, we can accommodate our recruitment process for your special abilities.
Type of contract: Full-time
Start Date: ASAP
For the France offices
🏡 Remote Work Policy
💰 Saving Plan Vivendi
🍼 Paternity leave or Coparental leave extended
🕶️ Living Employee Culture (Events / Trainings / Partys / All hands / Dailymotion tradition…)
🚀 Career development support (training / internal mobility / compensation cycle / 360 quarter feedback review …)
🏥 High-end Health Insurance and Personal Services Vouchers (CESU)
⛱️ Paid Time off – RTT and Saving time plan (CET)
✅ Meal Vouchers – Public Transport and Bike refund
🎡 European Economic and Social Committee (sport membership/cinemas vouchers/gift vouchers/discount)
Want to learn more about us?