System Engineer (Senior) - Infrastructure Team (M/F/D)
- Paris, France
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Operations
- Skills / Job Strem Ref: Systems
- Type of Contract: Permanent
Dailymotion is the leading video discovery destination & technology that learns about your tastes over time, constantly surfacing the best, most relevant content on the web. Our mission is to provide the best video user experience for consumers on the market, connecting publishers and advertisers to engaged viewers who turn to dailymotion for their daily fix of the most compelling music, entertainment, news and sports content around.
Through partnerships with the world's leading publishers and content creators, France Télévisions, Le Parisien, CBS, Bein Sports, CNN, GQ, Universal Music Group, VICE and more, Dailymotion commands 3 billion monthly pageviews across its mobile app, desktop and connected TV experiences. Dailymotion is owned by Vivendi, one of the largest mass-media corporations in the world.
At Dailymotion, we‘re storytellers. We build the best place for people to enjoy the videos that matter. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring discoverable stories to life through premium content from the world’s best publishers. We do this by helping these publishers grow their audiences and monetize their content, their way.
Dailymotion is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We value inclusion and we want you to help us thrive for a more diverse community.
Dailymotion is looking for a skilled, dynamic and open-minded System Engineer to join our Infrastructure team. You will work with smart people within a challenging and rich architecture which combines on-premise and cloud-based environments.
You will actively contribute to architect, deploy, maintain and continuously improve all the stacks composing the infrastructure as a service platform.
Using agile methodologies, you will also help our craft teams to build and operate resilient, scalable and high available platforms, taking part into the transformation and continuous improvement of Dailymotion’s product.
Duties and responsibilities
The tasks for the System engineer include, (but are not limited) the following:
- Define, implement and maintain the Dailymotion’s Infrastructure as a Service.
- Collaborate closely with the other teams, share knowledge, process and best practices to build high standard platforms.
- Ensure security, consistency and stability of the platforms maximizing its availability by keeping abreast of technologies and processes.
- Carry out analysis and design solutions for performance and scalability
- Support for break-fix and incident resolutions.
Technical stacks :
- System : Linux Ubuntu,
- Web : Lamp, Nginx, Haproxy
- Orchestration/Virtualization : Kubernetes, Lxc, Kvm, Docker
- Automation : SaltStack, Consul, Stackstorm
- Monitoring/Logging : Shinken, Prometheus, EFK
- Security : Vault, PKI
- Storage : Object, Block and S3 storage
- Programing : Python, Go, Bash, Php
- 5+ year's administration experience with web platform operations ideally in an Agile environment
- Have a very good understanding of Linux and open source software echo system.
- Have a good understanding of distributed web architectures.
- Successful track record on operating large-scale production platforms.
- A good understanding of monitoring, alerting and logging platforms along with the underlying principles
- Understanding and application of DevOps best practices.
- Good experience managing technical projects cross team.
- Knowledge of Kubernetes ecosystem and/or cloud computing is a plus.
At Dailymotion, we empower candidates to take action. If this job sounds like a great opportunity for you, be confident in your skills, we are always happy to meet you! If needed, we can accommodate our recruitment process for your special abilities.
- On-call 1st level support.
- International travel may be required for operations in our remote points of presence.
- Location: Paris (France)
- Start Date: depending on your availabilities
- Contract Type: Full-time and Permanent contract
🔍 Want to learn more about us:
For French Offices 🇫🇷
🏡 Remote Work Policy
💰 Saving Plan Vivendi
🍼 Paternity leave or Coparental leave extended
🕶️ Living Employee Culture (Events / Trainings / Partys / All hands / Dailymotion tradition…)
🚀 Career development support (training / internal mobility / compensation cycle / 360 quarter feedback review …)
🏥 High-end Health Insurance and Personal Services Vouchers (CESU)
⛱️ Paid Time off – RTT and Saving time plan (CET)
✅ Meal Vouchers – Public Transport and Bike refund
🎡 European Economic and Social Committee (sport membership/cinemas vouchers/gift vouchers/discount)