Data analyst Intern – B2C Insights
- Paris, France
- Department: Operations
- Skills / Job Strem Ref: Data Insights
- Type of Contract: Internship
Dailymotion is the leading video discovery destination & technology that learns about your tastes over time, constantly surfacing the best, most relevant content on the web. Our mission is to provide the best video user experience for consumers on the market, connecting publishers and advertisers to engaged viewers who turn to Dailymotion for their daily fix of the most compelling music, entertainment, news, and sports content around.
Through partnerships with the world's leading publishers and content creators, France Télévisions, Le Parisien, CBS, Bein Sports, CNN, GQ, Universal Music Group, VICE and more, Dailymotion commands 3 billion monthly pageviews across its mobile app, desktop and connected TV experiences. Dailymotion is owned by Vivendi, one of the largest mass-media corporations in the world.
At Dailymotion, we‘re storytellers. We build the best place for people to enjoy the videos that matter. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring discoverable stories to life through premium content from the world’s best publishers. We do this by helping these publishers grow their audiences and monetize their content, their way.
Dailymotion is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We value inclusion and we want you to help us thrive for a more diverse community.
As a Data Analyst, you are responsible for:
- Understanding business use cases and gathering data/business requirements from our product teams and marketing team (and occasionally from other teams within Dailymotion: Engineering, Ads, Content, Legal, Finance…).
- Analyzing data from different sources with respect to the analytics use case and discovering actionable insights as well as growth opportunities (on user acquisition, engagement, retention…).
- Communicating your findings and recommendations to key stakeholders as well as to larger audiences
- Advising on new data collection needs
- Creating assets (dashboards, visualizations, queries…) for recurring insights needs.
- Documenting the findings, methods and assets created for more general use within Dailymotion.
- Supporting product managers in being more data-driven, defining good KPIs, conducting A/B tests and measuring project impacts.
- Collaborating with product managers, designers, marketing managers, data engineers and other skills in timeboxed missions.
Use Case Examples:
Investigate on an audience increase or decrease in a specific region to identify causes/levers. Analyze how current features or new features are used, depending on the type of users. Conduct an A/B test to measure the impact of introducing a new ad placement on user engagement. Create a dashboard or optimize an existing one to empower a team to monitor metrics strategic to them.
- Prior experience in Data Analysis
- Strong analytical abilities
- Strong SQL knowledge
- Tableau Software, Product analytics tools and Python knowledge are a plus
- Fluent in English
- Good communication skills (oral and written)
- Highly motivated, dynamic, self-steering
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to foster relationships with peers and other functions
- Values diversity and works well in a multi-cultural environment
At Dailymotion, we empower candidates to take action. If this job sounds like a great opportunity for you, be confident in your skills, we are always happy to meet you! If needed, we can accommodate our recruitment process for your special abilities.
Location: Paris, France
Duration/Type of contract: 6 months / internship
Start Date: September/ October
🔍Want to learn more about us:
- New-York office - BuiltIn
- Offices in France - Welcome to the Jungle
- Our articles
🏡 Remote Work Policy
💰 Saving Plan Vivendi
🍼 Paternity leave or Coparental leave extended
🕶️ Living Employee Culture (Events / Trainings / Partys / All hands / Dailymotion tradition…)
🚀 Career development support (training / internal mobility / compensation cycle / 360 quarter feedback review …)
🏥 High-end Health Insurance and Personal Services Vouchers (CESU)
⛱️ Paid Time off – RTT and Saving time plan (CET)
✅ Meal Vouchers – Public Transport and Bike refund
🎡European Economic and Social Committee (sport membership/cinemas vouchers/gift vouchers/discount)