Lead IOS Developer (F/M/D)
- Paris, France
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Operations
- Skills / Job Strem Ref: Software
- Type of Contract: Permanent
Dailymotion is the leading video discovery destination & technology that learns about your tastes over time, constantly surfacing the best, most relevant content on the web. Our mission is to provide the best video user experience for consumers on the market, connecting publishers and advertisers to engaged viewers who turn to dailymotion for their daily fix of the most compelling music, entertainment, news and sports content around.
Through partnerships with the world's leading publishers and content creators, France Télévisions, Le Parisien, CBS, Bein Sports, CNN, GQ, Universal Music Group, VICE and more, Dailymotion commands 3 billion monthly pageviews across its mobile app, desktop and connected TV experiences. Dailymotion is owned by Vivendi, one of the largest mass-media corporations in the world.
At Dailymotion, we‘re storytellers. We build the best place for people to enjoy the videos that matter. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring discoverable stories to life through premium content from the world’s best publishers. We do this by helping these publishers grow their audiences and monetize their content, their way.
Dailymotion is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We value inclusion and we want you to help us thrive for a more diverse community.
We are looking for a Lead iOS developer to join the User Experience Engineering Craft.
At Dailymotion, our craft is responsible for building and maintaining user-facing Native applications (iOS, Android, Windows), smart TVs and the www website (mobile and desktop).
You are a seasoned tech lead, accountable and creative, you deeply care about the apps you are contributing to build and love quality products? We will give you the challenging opportunity to lead a team of experienced and passionate iOS developers, dedicated to build a new outstanding user experience with a direct impact on the business, in a collaborative environment that encourages every member of our team to bring their point of view to the table.
What you will do
- Work on cross-functional projects in an Agile environment and collaborate with Design, Product and other tech teams to build great features and a delightful user experience.
- Lead a team of iOS engineers through hiring, feedback and hands-on career development. Encourage and value a healthy, collaborative engineering culture focused on delivering business value.
- Explore creative solutions with Design, build PoCs and assess technical feasibility.
- Drive the technical roadmap to improve and maintain Dailymotion apps for iPhone and iPad.
- Promote good software engineering practices across the team.
- Analyze and optimize UI, networking and video streaming application code for efficiency and performance.
- Work closely with Android and Windows developers on transversal topics and missions.
- You have significative experiences developing sophisticated apps using Xcode and Swift.
- You have shipped at least one full-fledged iOS Swift app.
- You have at least one experience as an engineering manager or a team lead. You can inspire, coach and grow your team members.
- You can build & present a strong vision/roadmap for your team.
- You have strong communication skills, you can articulate the reasoning behind your decisions and are able to listen actively to keep the conversation compelling.
- You can challenge technical designs and project milestones, encourage experimentation and uphold quality expectations.
- You have a strong understanding of UIKit and Foundation frameworks.
- You have experience working with Core Animation and designing custom UI elements.
- You are up to date with iOS development, proactive and self-motivated to explore new technologies, apps, tools and frameworks.
- You have a strong sense of User Experience Design and are eager to work with UX and UI designers who are obsessive about our users.
- You are comfortable with Unit Testing frameworks (Mocking/Stubbing), experience in TDD is a plus.
Some flavors of our stack:
- Written in Swift5
- Deep Native and Web Player technologies
- Continuous integration (Bitrise)
- Dependency Injection (Swinject)
- UI Testing through XCUITests, Unit testing
- Network stack based on GraphQL Client/API (Apollo)
- Clean architecture (VIP Pattern)
- Experience in Apple Certificate Management
- and as usual Cocoapod, Github, Git Flow, Figma, Fabric, FastLane …
- Location: Paris (France) or full remote in France
- Start Date: depending on your availabilities
- Contract Type: Full-time and Permanent contract
🔍 Want to learn more about us:
For French Offices 🇫🇷
🏡 Remote Work Policy
💰 Saving Plan Vivendi
🍼 Paternity leave or Coparental leave extended
🕶️ Living Employee Culture (Events / Trainings / Partys / All hands / Dailymotion tradition…)
🚀 Career development support (training / internal mobility / compensation cycle / 360 quarter feedback review …)
🏥 High-end Health Insurance and Personal Services Vouchers (CESU)
⛱️ Paid Time off – RTT and Saving time plan (CET)
✅ Meal Vouchers – Public Transport and Bike refund
🎡 European Economic and Social Committee (sport membership/cinemas vouchers/gift vouchers/discount)