Engineering Team Lead - Front End (All genders)
- Paris, France
- Department: Operations
- Skills / Job Strem Ref: Engineering Management
- Type of Contract: Permanent
Dailymotion is the leading video discovery destination & technology that learns about your tastes over time, constantly surfacing the best, most relevant content on the web. Our mission is to provide the best video user experience for consumers on the market, connecting publishers and advertisers to engaged viewers who turn to dailymotion for their daily fix of the most compelling music, entertainment, news and sports content around.
Through partnerships with the world's leading publishers and content creators, France Télévisions, Le Parisien, CBS, Bein Sports, CNN, GQ, Universal Music Group, VICE and more, Dailymotion commands 3 billion monthly pageviews across its mobile app, desktop and connected TV experiences. Dailymotion is owned by Vivendi, one of the largest mass-media corporations in the world.
At Dailymotion, we‘re storytellers. We build the best place for people to enjoy the videos that matter. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring discoverable stories to life through premium content from the world’s best publishers. We do this by helping these publishers grow their audiences and monetize their content, their way.
Dailymotion is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We value inclusion and we want you to help us thrive for a more diverse community.
Join a highly-experienced team with a passion for building highly-scalable, real-time distributed multithreaded server-side applications!
We are seeking for a Team Lead who is flexible, accountable, and able to think outside the box. In return, we will give you challenging work that has a direct impact on the business, opportunities to learn and grow, and a collaborative culture that encourages every member of our team to bring their point of view to the table.
The Ad Tech team is working to develop and improve the Dailymotion's in-house monetization platform and its UI that is the entry point of the whole system and used on a daily basis by the Ad Operations team to configure, monitor, and report on all aspects of the revenue pipeline.
- Grow and lead a team of Development engineers through hiring, feedback and hands-on career development. Encourage and value a healthy, collaborative engineering culture focused on delivering business value
- Manage direct reports’ workload & project assignments and participate in company-wide staffing ceremonies. Support agile software development practices and help develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices.
- Partner closely with other engineering managers and product managers to better grasp the context of requirements coming your way, shape the solutions and translate product requirements into actionable projects. In particular, you will constantly interact with the engineering managers from your sister teams (analytics engineering & machine learning engineering) in order to best realize our use-cases and maximize our efficiency
- Support timely delivery of projects by reviewing, directing & guiding the work of all engineers either directly or through your senior engineers.
- Manage team productivity by driving the technical vision of the data platform that all our use-cases depend on
- Manage the on-duty process for engineers. Track costs and budget for cloud resources
- Participating in roadmap definition and delivery and company strategic decisions.
- You must be a technical manager who can understand the technical details of a project. You have at least one experience as a manager or a team lead, preferably for a development engineering team.
- You can challenge and grow your team members: you can challenge technical designs and project milestones, encourage experimentation and uphold quality expectations.
- You can build & present a strong vision/roadmap for your team.
- You have had success as a front-end engineer and are comfortable delivering projects even when requirements are under-specified (testing, delivering, maintenance, refactoring, bugs fix): you are a systems thinker that can see how the pieces fit together to make the puzzle.
- Deliver high quality tested code on time using industry standard best practices meeting all product and technical requirements
- You have the ability to work with multiple parts of the business (product, ads) and multiple stakeholders (engineers, analysts, product managers…)
- Demonstrable passion for technology by continually making suggestions around how to make us better (better code, faster delivery, easier maintenance, etc.…)
- Good understanding of ReactJS is a BIG Plus
- Knowledge of Web development, Web architecture, HTTP, JSON REST, CORS, and JSONP
- Experience with collaborative software engineering techniques and methods: agile development, continuous delivery, code review/pairing, unit testing…
- Knowledge with the last EcmaScript standard version.
- Experience with any application builder (e.g Webpack, etc.)
- Experience with Jest, Enzyme, and testing React Components in large applications
- Experience with Cypress and integration testing
- Experience with automated delivery pipelines
- Location: Paris (France)
- Start Date: depending on your availabilities
- Contract Type: Full-time and Permanent contract
🔍 Want to learn more about us:
For French Offices 🇫🇷
🏡Hybrid Work Framework (4 types of remote work : Full office /Flex office (1/2 days remote) / Flex remote (1/2 days at the office) / Full remote + ability to work 3 month abroad)
💰 Saving Plan Vivendi
🍼 Paternity leave or Coparental leave extended
🕶️ Living Employee Culture (Events / Trainings / Partys / All hands / Dailymotion tradition…)
🚀 Career development support (training / internal mobility / compensation cycle / 360 quarter feedback review …)
🏥 High-end Health Insurance and Personal Services Vouchers (CESU)
⛱️ Paid Time off – RTT and Saving time plan (CET)
✅ Meal Vouchers – Public Transport and Bike refund
🎡 European Economic and Social Committee (sport membership/cinemas vouchers/gift vouchers/discount)