Junior Front End Engineer - Player (M/F/D)
- Paris, France
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Operations
- Skills / Job Strem Ref: Software
- Type of Contract: Permanent
Dailymotion is the leading video discovery destination & technology that learns about your tastes over time, constantly surfacing the best, most relevant content on the web. Our mission is to provide the best video user experience for consumers on the market, connecting publishers and advertisers to engaged viewers who turn to Dailymotion for their daily fix of the most compelling music, entertainment, news and sports content around.
Through partnerships with the world's leading publishers and content creators, France Télévisions, Le Monde, CBS, Bein Sports, CNN, GQ, Universal Music Group, VICE and more, Dailymotion commands 3 billion monthly pageviews across its mobile app, desktop and connected TV experiences. Dailymotion is owned by Vivendi, one of the largest mass-media corporations in the world.
At Dailymotion, we‘re storytellers. We build the best place for people to enjoy the videos that matter. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring discoverable stories to life through premium content from the world’s best publishers. We do this by helping these publishers grow their audiences and monetize their content, their way.
Dailymotion is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We value inclusion and we want you to help us thrive for a more diverse community.
As a Frontend engineer in the Partner Experience Engineering Craft, you'll work on the company's flagship product, the HTML video player. Our video player is used by more than 300 million users every month, directly on our platform and on high-traffic websites using our technology.
Under the supervision of a Senior Engineer, you will join a diverse team of 15 people from around the world, all of them committed in improving our video player – in a caring, agile and highly-technical environment.
You will collaborate with experienced engineers, product managers, designers and data analysts across the company, to deliver features to our users and publishers.
Our remote policy is quite flexible, and it's fine if you choose to work from home. Or you can also enjoy our very nice office located in the heart of Sophia-Antipolis.
The ideal candidate has a collaborative mindset, a first working experience working with Web applications or a professional degree about Web technologies, and a strong taste for finely crafted products and efficient tooling.
Under the supervision of a senior engineer:
- Participate in the team effort to develop new features, fix bugs and deliver a state of the art user experience to a variety of browsers and devices (mobiles, tablets, desktops or even connected TVs)
- Write and maintain technical specifications and technical documentation about the codebase
- Maintain existing codebase and contribute to keep it up to date with current technology and best practices (tests, coding guidelines, continuous deployment).
- Improve and create internal tools for your teammates (build tools, developer tools, automation, etc.)
- Take part in a collaborative culture that encourages every member of our team to bring their added value.
- Good understanding of HTTP, communication between clients and servers, and how the web platform works
- Basic knowledge or experience working with a version control tool (Git)
- First working experience building a modern web application
- Basic knowledge on development best practices such as CI/CD, unit and functional tests, code reviews, documentation, clean code.
- Comfortable speaking in english as we work closely with people from all around the world
- Experience with one of the following: Webpack, Preact or React, Redux, Kibana, ES6, HTML5 Video, HLS streaming
- Concrete project to share (school project, personal project, etc.) that demonstrate your front-end skills.
- Willingness to learn more about web technologies and to take push the boundary of your comfort zone
At Dailymotion, we empower candidates to take action. If this job sounds like a great opportunity for you, be confident in your skills, we are always happy to meet you! If needed, we can accommodate our recruitment process for your special abilities.
Location: Sophia Antipolis or remote (In France)
Type of contract: Full-time
Start Date: ASAP
🏡 Remote Work Policy
💰 Saving Plan Vivendi
🍼 Paternity leave or Coparental leave extended
🕶️ Living Employee Culture (Events / Trainings / Partys / All hands / Dailymotion tradition…)
🚀 Career development support (training / internal mobility / compensation cycle / 360 quarter feedback review …)
🏥 High-end Health Insurance and Personal Services Vouchers (CESU)
⛱️ Paid Time off – RTT and Saving time plan (CET)
✅ Meal Vouchers – Public Transport and Bike refund
🎡 European Economic and Social Committee (sport membership/cinemas vouchers/gift vouchers/discount)
Want to learn more about us?