Data Engineer (M/F/D)
- Paris, France
- Department: Operations
- Skills / Job Strem Ref: Data Engineering
- Type of Contract: Permanent
Dailymotion is the leading video discovery destination & technology that learns about your tastes over time, constantly surfacing the best, most relevant content on the web. Our mission is to provide the best video user experience for consumers on the market, connecting publishers and advertisers to engaged viewers who turn to Dailymotion for their daily fix of the most compelling music, entertainment, news and sports content around.
Through partnerships with the world's leading publishers and content creators, France Télévisions, Le Parisien, CBS, Bein Sports, CNN, GQ, Universal Music Group, VICE and more, Dailymotion commands 3 billion monthly pageviews across its mobile app, desktop and connected TV experiences. Dailymotion is owned by Vivendi, one of the largest mass-media corporations in the world.
At Dailymotion, we‘re storytellers. We build the best place for people to enjoy the videos that matter. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring discoverable stories to life through premium content from the world’s best publishers. We do this by helping these publishers grow their audiences and monetize their content, their way.
Dailymotion is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We value inclusion and we want you to help us thrive for a more diverse community.
Our team context:
Dailymotion is seeking a Data Engineer to join the Data tribe. Our tribe is responsible for all the Data products at Dailymotion; your work will have an impact throughout Dailymotion’s business and help make data-driven decisions on products and strategy.
You will join a team of Data and Machine Learning engineers who have built Software that processes hundreds of terabytes of data, billions of real-time events, hundreds of tasks automated by Airflow and millions of API calls every day. Multiple machine learning projects including recommender systems, semantic annotations, spam detection, and fraud detection.
What we will do together:
Our stack runs almost exclusively on Google Cloud Platform. You will work in an environment made up of Data Lakes (BigQuery, etc.), data streaming platforms (Beam / Dataflow, Flink, etc.), orchestration and scheduling platforms (Airflow), container-oriented deployment, and management platforms (Docker, K8S, Jenkins), SQL. You will also participate in data modeling activities and design of data flows until their implementation and support in production.
Why you are a perfect candidate for us:
• You have 3+ years accumulated experience as a Data Engineer
• You are fluent in English and French
• You are a team player, continually suggesting improvements and effective collaboration.
• You like to implement new technologies and innovative solutions as well as the associated prototyping.
• You know how to write technical specifications.
• You have hands-on experience in building/managing complex Big Data pipelines.
• You know how to build batch and streaming data streams to process a large number of events.
• You have hands-on experience with different languages e.g.: Python, Go lang, Java, monitoring of development standards to ensure delivery of reusable and good quality code.
• You have hands-on experience with different types of databases.
• Strong SQL knowledge and perform complex queries.
• You have experience establishing and maintaining integration tests.
• Experience on how to automate your deployments (Docker, Kubernetes, CI, Datadog...)
• You know how to analyze, design, or improve the efficiency, scalability, and stability of data collection, storage, and retrieval processes.
What we offer you:
• Additional opportunities as we grow and learn together.
• Join our open, collaborative culture.
• Exciting, dynamic projects to work on.
• Flexibility to work remotely.
At Dailymotion, we empower candidates to take action. If this job sounds like a great opportunity for you, be confident in your skills, we are always happy to meet you! If needed, we can accommodate our recruitment process for your special abilities.
Contract Type: Full-time permanent role
🏡 Remote Work Policy
💰 Saving Plan Vivendi
🍼 Paternity leave or Coparental leave extended
🕶️ Living Employee Culture (Events / Trainings / Partys / All hands / Dailymotion tradition…)
🚀 Career development support (training / internal mobility / compensation cycle / 360 quarter feedback review …)
🏥 High-end Health Insurance and Personal Services Vouchers (CESU)
⛱️ Paid Time off – RTT and Saving time plan (CET)
✅ Meal Vouchers – Public Transport and Bike refund
🎡European Economic and Social Committee (sport membership/cinemas vouchers/gift vouchers/discount)
🔍Want to learn more about us: