Sales Marketing Director - America (All Genders)
- New York, NY, USA
- Department: Global Business
- Skills / Job Strem Ref: Sales & Marketing
- Type of Contract: Permanent
Dailymotion is the leading video discovery destination & technology that learns about your tastes over time, constantly surfacing the best, most relevant content on the web. Our mission is to provide the best video user experience for consumers on the market, connecting publishers and advertisers to engaged viewers who turn to Dailymotion for their daily fix of the most compelling music, entertainment, news and sports content around.
Through partnerships with the world’s leading publishers and content creators, A+E, Discovery, Hearst, Penske Media, Universal Music Group, Vogue, GQ, NASCAR, Sports Illustrated, VICE and more, Dailymotion commands 3 billion monthly pageviews across its mobile app, desktop and connected TV experiences. Dailymotion is owned by Vivendi, one of the largest mass-media corporations in the world.
At Dailymotion, we‘re storytellers. We build the best place for people to enjoy the videos that matter. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring discoverable stories to life through premium content from the world’s best publishers. We do this by helping these publishers grow their audiences and monetize their content, their way.
Dailymotion is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We value inclusion and we want you to help us thrive for a more diverse community.
The Global Trade Marketing team’s main goal is to provide sales teams with striking assets and relevant insights to help convince brands to advertise on Dailymotion. The Director of Trade Marketing will be in charge of highlighting Dailymotion’s strengths on the advertising market through several marketing levers.
The Director of Marketing will report to and work with the VP, Advertising Marketing & Commercial Strategy, dotted line to the Head of Sales, North America and a cross-functional team will you will be responsible for developing the trade marketing strategies aligned with the dailymotion brand. You will successfully:
- Develop Dailymotion’s Value Proposition and Marketing Strategy for the commercial teams in market
- Evaluate the Market and create a Go To Market Strategy and Value Proposition
- Deliver best in class strategies and marketplace approaches to maximize business results while increasing market share and growth in North America.
- Clearly communicate a Marketing and Branding Plan for growth by effectively communicating and clearly differentiating dailymotion’s value proposition in North America.
- Manage the implementation of the Trade Marketing plan.
- Create Trade Marketing materials to assist dailymotion’s sales teams with generating new partnerships
- Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders including executives and team members in legal, sales, product, ad operations, and revenue to ensure long-term success.
- Work with sales teams on client proposals, build powerful presentations and help sales managers pitch them to convince media agencies and brands.
- Maintain an expert-level understanding of the Dailymotion video platform, products, and customers in order to communicate dailymotion’s story to the market place.
- Liaise with editorial team / publisher partnerships team / ad-operations team to identify growth opportunities
- Create trade marketing materials to assist the North American Sales Team with communicating dailymotion’s value proposition and brand story.
- Leverage existing opportunities and build new offers to go to market with (new targeting features, ad-formats, sponsorship/seasonal packages etc.)
2. Research & Insights
- Analyze and manage audience figures and insights to be communicated to clients and to the market (Comscore / Médiamétrie / Kantar…)
- Segment audiences to help brands build their targeting strategy on Dailymotion (socio-demographic, contextual etc.).
- Work with the ad-operations team to maintain overall performance levels up to par with market standards (on-target, DATA, viewability, brand safety…)
- Implement brand effectiveness studies by leveraging internal tools and/or 3rd party research institutes.
- Help build processes to develop the information workflow and to maintain the data as fresh and accurate as possible.
3. Digital Marketing and Communications
- Manage and strengthen the Dailymotion Advertising digital marketing strategy: newsletters/social media/ official website.
- Help build compelling stories and press releases to be distributed to the B2B/Trade press.
- Manage PR actions (events, workshops, gifts etc.) in collaboration with the Dailymotion marketing teams
- Minimum of 6-8 years’ experience in sales, Trade Marketing, Brand Marketing or Marketing role with a leading digital company (Publishers/Ad tech companies preferred)
- Previous experience with an Online Video Platform/Video Solutions company is a plus/preferred.
- Excellent communication skills in English (Spanish would be a huge plus)
- Relevant experience within digital media and a strong knowledge of the advertising industry ecosystem – video, TV, mobile, programmatic.
- Ability to work in an international environment and across multiple departments (legal, IT, finance, support, ad ops…)
- Strong organizational and negotiation skills, with the ability to multi-task
- Proficient in Excel and Power Point, Tableau Software, Salesforce, JIRA
At Dailymotion, we empower candidates to take action. If this job sounds like a great opportunity for you, be confident in your skills, we are always happy to meet you! If needed, we can accommodate our recruitment process for your special abilities.
Location: New York
Start Date: ASAP
🔍 Want to learn more about us:
For the NYC Office 🇺🇸
- 🏥 100% medical, dental, and vision premium coverage for employees + spouse + kids
- 🎖️ 401k matching
- 🏖️ Generous paid time off, floating holidays, and Summer Fridays
- 🏠 Flexible remote work schedules
- 🚼 20 weeks paid birthing/primary caregiver leave
- 🍼 8 weeks paid secondary caregiver leave
- 🚇 Commuter benefit coverage
- 🚴 Monthly wellness stipend
- 💰 Leveraged employee share offering – International Group Savings Plan offered through the Vivendi Group