Alternance - Junior Front End Engineer (All Genders)
- Type of Contract: Apprenticeship
- Skills / Job Stream Ref: Software
- Department: Operations
Dailymotion is the leading video discovery destination & technology that learns about your tastes over time, constantly surfacing the best, most relevant content on the web. Our mission is to provide the best video user experience for consumers on the market, connecting publishers and advertisers to engaged viewers who turn to dailymotion for their daily fix of the most compelling music, entertainment, news and sports content around.
Through partnerships with the world's leading publishers and content creators, France Télévisions, Le Parisien, CBS, Bein Sports, CNN, GQ, Universal Music Group, VICE and more, Dailymotion commands 3 billion monthly pageviews across its mobile app, desktop and connected TV experiences. Dailymotion is owned by Vivendi, one of the largest mass-media corporations in the world.
At Dailymotion, we‘re storytellers. We build the best place for people to enjoy the videos that matter. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring discoverable stories to life through premium content from the world’s best publishers. We do this by helping these publishers grow their audiences and monetize their content, their way.
Dailymotion is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We value inclusion and we want you to help us thrive for a more diverse community.
By integrating the Player ads team, you will work on a open source project: VAST Client JS https://github.com/dailymotion/vast-client-js. Your goals will be to redesign the project architecture and develop new key features.
This project has grown more and more over the years and today covers many features without leaving the possibility to the user to select only those he needs. This is why from a performance point of view it is crucial to rework the project in a more modular approach.
With the team help and guidance you will :
- Realize an audit of existing features.
- Propose and implement new modular solutions/architecture to improve project performances.
- Maintain the current open source project by anwsering issues and pull requests opened by the community on Github.
- Implement unit tests.
- Work on others projects using the vast-client library.
- Demonstrative passion for web development and coding in general.
- Knowledge of development best practices including unit testing, code reviews and documentation.
- Pro-active, self-motivated.
- Self-interest to be always up-to-date on the latest web, browsers and HTML5 news/technologies.
- Desire to build optimised and strong features for the Tech industry.
- Contributed in Open Source project.
- Experience in Digital Advertising (VMAP, VAST & VPAID...) is a plus.
- Rollup / Webpack
- Jest / Jasmine / Mocha / Cypress
- Kubernetes / JenkinsX / Jenkins / Docker
- Location: Paris (France)
- Start Date: depending on your availabilities
- Contract Type: Contrat d'apprentissage / Contrat de professionnalisation
🔍 Want to learn more about us:
For French Offices 🇫🇷
🏡Hybrid Work Framework (4 types of remote work : Full office /Flex office (1/2 days remote) / Flex remote (1/2 days at the office) / Full remote + ability to work 3 month abroad)
💰 Saving Plan Vivendi
🍼 Paternity leave or Coparental leave extended
🕶️ Living Employee Culture (Events / Trainings / Partys / All hands / Dailymotion tradition…)
🚀 Career development support (training / internal mobility / compensation cycle / 360 quarter feedback review …)
🏥 High-end Health Insurance and Personal Services Vouchers (CESU)
⛱️ Paid Time off – RTT and Saving time plan (CET)
✅ Meal Vouchers – Public Transport and Bike refund
🎡 European Economic and Social Committee (sport membership/cinemas vouchers/gift vouchers/discount)