Data Analyst – Users insights (All Genders)
- Paris, France
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Operations
- Skills / Job Strem Ref: Data Insights
- Type of Contract: Permanent
Dailymotion is the leading video discovery destination & technology that learns about your tastes over time, constantly surfacing the best, most relevant content on the web. Our mission is to provide the best video user experience for consumers on the market, connecting publishers and advertisers to engaged viewers who turn to dailymotion for their daily fix of the most compelling music, entertainment, news and sports content around.
Through partnerships with the world's leading publishers and content creators, France Télévisions, Le Parisien, CBS, Bein Sports, CNN, GQ, Universal Music Group, VICE and more, Dailymotion commands 3 billion monthly pageviews across its mobile app, desktop and connected TV experiences. Dailymotion is owned by Vivendi, one of the largest mass-media corporations in the world.
At Dailymotion, we‘re storytellers. We build the best place for people to enjoy the videos that matter. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring discoverable stories to life through premium content from the world’s best publishers. We do this by helping these publishers grow their audiences and monetize their content, their way.
Dailymotion is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We value inclusion and we want you to help us thrive for a more diverse community.
We are looking for someone to join our Data Product Craft, a diverse and dynamic team made up of 23 passionate people, to help improve our B2C product strategy, focusing on analyzing user behavior across our platforms.
As a Data Analyst, you will be at the core of Dailymotion’s data-driven strategy. You will be part of a cross-verticals team of other analysts responsible to support the product, business, and engineering teams with insights. You will work hand in hand with our Product managers responsible for the acquisition, engagement and retention of users on our Dailymotion website and apps, as well as with the Marketing, Machine Learning and Data engineering teams.
Your goal will be to provide insights, based on which product decisions will be made. You will leverage complex and rich datasets to help decision makers better understand what different types of users are experiencing on our platforms and how they are interacting with our content and product features.
- Explore: Conduct exploratory analyses and leverage data to identify opportunities to improve our B2C products for different segments of users. Develop a deep understanding of our product and ecosystem for that purpose.
- Experiment: Advise on the experimentation strategy adapted to the need and context. Define, conduct, and analyze AB tests.
- Empower: Evangelize on the use of data in the company, train colleagues on analytics tools, build automated dashboards and assets to enable stakeholders to be as autonomous as possible with data.
- Measure: Analyze the impact of product releases on business metrics, as well as on user engagement and retention for different user cohorts. Monitor the evolutions in our audience and explain them.
- Collaborate: Contribute to an iterative process of product improvement, collaborating with product managers, designers, developers, machine learning engineers and data engineers.
- Communicate: Share findings through clear visualizations, engaging presentations and straight to the point recommendations. Be the voice of our users at scale.
Examples of analyses use cases: video recommendation models, search algorithms, personalization of the experience, SEO, marketing campaigns, homepage redesign…
- Data Lake in Google Big Query: writing complex SQL queries is a daily practice (+ using R and Python for specific needs)
- Tableau and Google Data Studio for data visualizations and dashboards
- Internal A/B testing tool (Python based)
- Amplitude as our Product Analytics tool
- 2+ years of quantitative or statistical analysis experience
- BS or MS or equivalent experience in a quantitative field
- Ability to manipulate very large data sets, and analyze them
- Experience with user segmentation and behavioral analytics
- Experience with Machine Learning projects is a plus
- Strong level in SQL and data visualization tools (Tableau, Google Data Studio)
- R and Python for data analysis strongly appreciated
- Passion for the use of data in a technical environment
- Interest for digital product strategy
- Adaptability with tools
- Proactivity and creativity with data
- Strong communication skills and ability to manage a project with different teams
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to foster relationships with peers and other functions
- Values diversity and works well in a multi-cultural environment
- Fluent English (written and oral)
- Location: Paris (France) or full remote in France
- Start Date: depending on your availabilities
- Contract Type: Permanent & Full Time
🔍 Want to learn more about us:
For French Offices 🇫🇷
🏡Hybrid Work Framework (4 types of remote work : Full office /Flex office (1/2 days remote) / Flex remote (1/2 days at the office) / Full remote + ability to work 3 month abroad)
💰 Saving Plan Vivendi
🍼 Paternity leave or Coparental leave extended
🕶️ Living Employee Culture (Events / Trainings / Partys / All hands / Dailymotion tradition…)
🚀 Career development support (training / internal mobility / compensation cycle / 360 quarter feedback review …)
🏥 High-end Health Insurance and Personal Services Vouchers (CESU)
⛱️ Paid Time off – RTT and Saving time plan (CET)
✅ Meal Vouchers – Public Transport and Bike refund
🎡 European Economic and Social Committee (sport membership/cinemas vouchers/gift vouchers/discount)