Senior Director, Content Partnerships (All Genders)
- Department: Content
- Skills / Job Strem Ref: Content Partnerships
- Type of Contract: Permanent
Dailymotion is the leading video discovery destination & technology that learns about your tastes over time, constantly surfacing the best, most relevant content on the web. Our mission is to provide the best video user experience for consumers on the market, connecting publishers and advertisers to engaged viewers who turn to Dailymotion for their daily fix of the most compelling music, entertainment, news and sports content around.
Through partnerships with the world’s leading publishers and content creators, A+E, Discovery, Hearst, Penske Media, Universal Music Group, Vogue, GQ, NASCAR, Sports Illustrated, VICE and more, Dailymotion commands 3 billion monthly page views across its mobile app, desktop and connected TV experiences. Dailymotion is owned by Vivendi, one of the largest mass-media corporations in the world.
At Dailymotion, we‘re storytellers. We build the best place for people to enjoy the videos that matter. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring discoverable stories to life through premium content from the world’s best publishers. We do this by helping these publishers grow their audiences and monetize their content, their way.
Dailymotion is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We value inclusion and we want you to help us thrive for a more diverse community.
Dailymotion is seeking a Senior Director, Content Partnerships to join the Americas Content team. In this role you will play an important and active part in the content and video technology partnership development process: prospecting and evaluating new partnership opportunities, sourcing, negotiating, and closing new deals. You will work across content verticals, developing partnerships with top tier North American media conglomerates, broadcast networks, cable programmers, film distributors, pro sports leagues, and digital native brands, to bring distinctive, engaging content to Dailymotion’s scaled global audiences. You will work cross-functionally with legal, finance and product teams to successfully onboard and operationalize these partnerships. This role demands exceptional negotiation and analytical skills, in addition to being a strategic thinker and editorially savvy with a technical understanding of video and ad tech solutions and overall competitive landscape.
- Reporting to and working with the Vice President of Content Partnerships to develop innovative strategies for the Americas Content team and complete ad-hoc projects in support of those strategies to be implemented across the US and Canada with some scoped globally.
- Vet and cultivate prospective content and video technology partnership opportunities for editorial appeal, audience and revenue potential and fit with North American and international programming strategies.
- Develop a robust pipeline of prospective partners and present Dailymotion’s value proposition to leading media conglomerates, publishers, and video producers, through outreach and industry event participation.
- Work collaboratively with Dailymotion Data and Finance teams to evaluate new partnership opportunities and formulate deal proposals. Negotiate licensing, distribution and audience extension deals, working closely with the Dailymotion Legal team
- As well, working post-sales with Operations, Product, Marketing and PR to ensure deal parameters of negotiated partnerships get executed.
- Maintain an understanding of the Dailymotion video platform, data products, and backend architecture to answer questions, create solutions, and clearly communicate unique product selling points and benefits to prospective publishers and content producers
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience, and minimum 4 years of experience in sales, business development, publisher development and/or an account management role with a leading media or video technology company
- Previous experience with a video platform or video publisher preferred
- Strong knowledge of the digital media, AdTech and online advertising industry ecosystems
- Savvy about editorial, content taxonomy and digital content trends
- Excellent communication skills in English (French would be a plus)
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally between legal, finance, product and operations teams
- Strong negotiation and communications skills
- Team player mindset, comfortable working in international, multicultural environment
- Advanced quantitative analysis skills (financial modeling, forecasting, data analysis)
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Tableau, Salesforce, JIRA
At Dailymotion, we empower candidates to take action. If this job sounds like a great opportunity for you, be confident in your skills, we are always happy to meet you! If needed, we can accommodate our recruitment process for your special abilities.
Location: New York
Type of contract: Full-time & Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
🔍Want to learn more about us?
-Total Package: 115K to 125K USD
-Bonus % range: 10% to 20%
Salary based on qualifications and background
For the NYC Office 🗽
🏥 100% medical, dental, and vision premium coverage for employees + spouse + kids
🎖️ 401k matching
🏖️ Generous paid time off, floating holidays, and Summer Fridays
🏠 Flexible remote work schedules
🚼 20 weeks paid birthing/primary caregiver leave
🍼 8 weeks paid secondary caregiver leave
🚇 Commuter benefit coverage
🚴 Monthly wellness stipend
💰 Leveraged employee share offering – International Group Savings Plan offered through the Vivendi Group
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.