Senior Back End Software Engineer - (All Genders)
- Type of Contract: Permanent
- Skills / Job Stream Ref: Software
- Department: Operations
Dailymotion is the leading video discovery destination & technology that learns about your tastes over time, constantly surfacing the best, most relevant content on the web. Our mission is to provide the best video user experience for consumers on the market, connecting publishers and advertisers to engaged viewers who turn to dailymotion for their daily fix of the most compelling music, entertainment, news and sports content around.
Through partnerships with the world's leading publishers and content creators, France Télévisions, Le Parisien, CBS, Bein Sports, CNN, GQ, Universal Music Group, VICE and more, Dailymotion commands 3 billion monthly pageviews across its mobile app, desktop and connected TV experiences. Dailymotion is owned by Vivendi, one of the largest mass-media corporations in the world.
At Dailymotion, we‘re storytellers. We build the best place for people to enjoy the videos that matter. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring discoverable stories to life through premium content from the world’s best publishers. We do this by helping these publishers grow their audiences and monetize their content, their way.
Dailymotion is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We value inclusion and we want you to help us thrive for a more diverse community.
As part of its growing activities, Dailymotion is looking to enforce its Core Craft. You will play a key role in shaping the core foundations of our product and building innovative features in close cooperation with Front Developers, Designers and Scrum Masters.
- Design and build geo-distributed Backend system using micro-service
- Design and build API centric system using REST, GraphQL
- Design and build Queueing System
- Proactivity on evolutions and improvements
- Python, PHP
- Elasticsearch, MySQL, MongoDB
- GraphQL, aioHttp
- OpenAPI, FastAPI
- Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins
- You have strong programming capabilities in Python
- Experience building APIs
- Experience with SQL databases (MySQL)
- Experience working with revision control systems like git
- Ability to learn and improve your technical skills continually
- Attitude of creating high quality code (complexity, styling, unit testing, functional testing) and knowledge in TDD, learning from peers and always innovating
- Used to code reviewing and able to point errors and improvements
- Demonstrated interest in problem-solving and technical innovation
- Communication skills - able to work effectively with technical and non-technical teammates
- Level of written/verbal English (documentation, team presentations, meetings)
Nice to have
- Experience and capabilities in PHP
- Experience with continuous integration, continuous deployment testing and automation tools (Jenkins etc.) and Docker
- Knowledge in microservices architecture
- Willing to share knowledge
- Interest in clean architecture, DDD, event driven architecture
At Dailymotion, we empower candidates to take action. If this job sounds like a great opportunity for you, be confident in your skills, we are always happy to meet you! If needed, we can accommodate our recruitment process for your special abilities.
- Location: Paris (France) - Full remote possible in France
- Start Date: depending on your availabilities
- Contract Type: Full-time and Permanent contract
🔍 Want to learn more about us:
For French Offices 🇫🇷
🏡Hybrid Work Framework (4 types of remote work : Full office /Flex office (1/2 days remote) / Flex remote (1/2 days at the office) / Full remote + ability to work 3 month abroad)
💰 Saving Plan Vivendi
🍼 Paternity leave or Coparental leave extended
🕶️ Living Employee Culture (Events / Trainings / Partys / All hands / Dailymotion tradition…)
🚀 Career development support (training / internal mobility / compensation cycle / 360 quarter feedback review …)
🏥 High-end Health Insurance and Personal Services Vouchers (CESU)
⛱️ Paid Time off – RTT and Saving time plan (CET)
✅ Meal Vouchers – Public Transport and Bike refund
🎡 European Economic and Social Committee (sport membership/cinemas vouchers/gift vouchers/discount)