Junior Data Engineer - AdTech (All Genders)
- Type of Contract: Permanent
- Skills / Job Stream Ref: Data Engineering
- Department: Operations
Dailymotion is the leading video discovery destination & technology that learns about your tastes over time, constantly surfacing the best, most relevant content on the web. Our mission is to provide the best video user experience for consumers on the market, connecting publishers and advertisers to engaged viewers who turn to Dailymotion for their daily fix of the most compelling music, entertainment, news and sports content around.
Through partnerships with the world's leading publishers and content creators, France Télévisions, Le Parisien, CBS, Bein Sports, CNN, GQ, Universal Music Group, VICE and more, Dailymotion commands 3 billion monthly pageviews across its mobile app, desktop and connected TV experiences. Dailymotion is owned by Vivendi, one of the largest mass-media corporations in the world.
At Dailymotion, we‘re storytellers. We build the best place for people to enjoy the videos that matter. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring discoverable stories to life through premium content from the world’s best publishers. We do this by helping these publishers grow their audiences and monetize their content, their way.
Dailymotion is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We value inclusion and we want you to help us thrive for a more diverse community.
Our team context:
Dailymotion is seeking a Junior Data Engineer to join the Data tribe. Our tribe is responsible for all the Data products at Dailymotion; your work will have an impact throughout Dailymotion’s business and help make data-driven decisions on products and strategy.
You will join a team of Data and Machine Learning engineers who have built Software that processes hundreds of terabytes of data, billions of real-time events, hundreds of tasks automated by Airflow and millions of API calls every day. Multiple machine learning projects including recommender systems, semantic annotations, spam detection, and fraud detection.
What we will do together:
Our stack runs almost exclusively on Google Cloud Platform. You will work in an environment made up of Data Lakes (BigQuery, etc.), data streaming platforms (Beam / Dataflow, Flink, etc.), orchestration and scheduling platforms (Airflow), container-oriented deployment, and management platforms (Docker, K8S, Jenkins), SQL. You will also participate in data modeling activities and design of data flows until their implementation and support in production.
Why you are a perfect candidate for us:
• You have at least 1 year accumulated experience as a Data Engineer
• You are fluent in English and French
• You are a team player, continually suggesting improvements and effective collaboration.
• You like to implement new technologies and innovative solutions as well as the associated prototyping.
• You know how to write technical specifications.
• You have hands-on experience or interest in building/managing Big Data pipelines.
• You will be motivated in working on building batch and streaming data streams to process a large number of events.
• You have hands-on experience with different languages e.g.: Python, Go lang, Java, monitoring of development standards to ensure delivery of reusable and good quality code.
• You have hands-on experience with different types of databases and SQL knowledge.
• You have experience establishing and maintaining integration tests.
• Experience on how to automate your deployments (Docker, Kubernetes, CI, Datadog...)
• You have an entry-level knowledge on how to analyze, design, or improve the efficiency, scalability, and stability of data collection, storage, and retrieval processes.
What we offer you:
• Additional opportunities as we grow and learn together.
• Join our open, collaborative culture.
• Exciting, dynamic projects to work on.
• Flexibility to work remotely.
At Dailymotion, we empower candidates to take action. If this job sounds like a great opportunity for you, be confident in your skills, we are always happy to meet you! If needed, we can accommodate our recruitment process for your special abilities.
Type of contract: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
For the France offices 🇫🇷
🏡 Hybrid Work Framework (4 types of remote work: Full office /Flex office (1/2 days remote) / Flex remote (1/2 days at the office) / Full remote + ability to work 3 months abroad)
💰International Group Savings Plan offered through the Vivendi Group
🍼 8 weeks paid Paternity leave or Co-parental leave
🕶️ Excellent Employee Culture (Company Events / Training / Parties / All hands …)
🚀 Career development support (training / career check-in with HR / internal mobility / compensation cycle / 360 quarter feedback review …)
🏥 Company-paid Health Insurance and Personal Services Vouchers (CESU)
🚆Commuter benefit coverage - Public Transport and Bike refund
⛱️ Paid Time off – RTT and Saving time plan (CET)
✅ Meal Vouchers
🎡Workers representatives committee(sports membership/cinemas vouchers/gift vouchers/discount)
Feel free to explore Dailymotion culture a little further, please check out: