Senior Android Developer - Video Expert (All Genders)
- Type of Contract: Permanent
- Skills / Job Stream Ref: Software
- Department: Operations
Dailymotion is the leading video discovery destination & technology that learns about your tastes over time, constantly surfacing the best, most relevant content on the web. Our mission is to provide the best video user experience for consumers on the market, connecting publishers and advertisers to engaged viewers who turn to dailymotion for their daily fix of the most compelling music, entertainment, news and sports content around.
Through partnerships with the world's leading publishers and content creators, France Télévisions, Le Parisien, CBS, Bein Sports, CNN, GQ, Universal Music Group, VICE and more, Dailymotion commands 3 billion monthly pageviews across its mobile app, desktop and connected TV experiences. Dailymotion is owned by Vivendi, one of the largest mass-media corporations in the world.
At Dailymotion, we‘re storytellers. We build the best place for people to enjoy the videos that matter. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring discoverable stories to life through premium content from the world’s best publishers. We do this by helping these publishers grow their audiences and monetize their content, their way.
Dailymotion is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We value inclusion and we want you to help us thrive for a more diverse community.
We are currently seeking a talented Android Developer specializing in video to join our team. The successful candidate will be experienced in building video-based applications, with a focus on native video players and other video-related features.
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform
- Work closely with our product and design teams to customize the video experience for the Android platform
- Focus on user experience, reliability, usability
- Improve video playback performance and other video-related functionalities
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Excellent knowledge of Android SDK
- A deep experience with Kotlin, coroutines, and flows
- Multiple experiences working with ExoPlayer
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Good communication skills and ability to work effectively in a small fast-paced team.
- Be self-motivated to explore new technologies, apps, tools and frameworks.
- Proven experience in developing video-based applications, with a deep understanding of video players, codecs, live streaming, and related technology
- Expertise in video streaming, buffering, encoding, and decoding
- Understanding of video file formats, video analysis, and metadata
- Experience with video editing software and techniques is a plus
- Experience with ExoPlayer cache is a plus
- Basics in Design System approach
- Experience with JetPack Compose
- Location: Full remote or Flex remote in Paris
- Start Date: depending on your availabilities
- Contract Type: Permanent
🔍 Want to learn more about us:
For French Offices 🇫🇷
💰 Saving Plan Vivendi
🕶️ Living Employee Culture (Events / Trainings / Partys / All hands / Dailymotion tradition…)
🚀 Career development support (training / internal mobility / compensation cycle / 360 quarter feedback review …)
🏥 High-end Health Insurance and Personal Services Vouchers (CESU)
⛱️ Paid Time off – RTT and Saving time plan (CET)
✅ Meal Vouchers – Public Transport and Bike refund
🎡 European Economic and Social Committee (sport membership/cinemas vouchers/gift vouchers/discount)