Android Developer (All Genders)
- Type of Contract: Permanent
- Skills / Job Stream Ref: Software
- Department: Operations
Dailymotion is the leading video discovery destination & technology that learns about your tastes over time, constantly surfacing the best, most relevant content on the web. Our mission is to provide the best video user experience for consumers on the market, connecting publishers and advertisers to engaged viewers who turn to dailymotion for their daily fix of the most compelling music, entertainment, news and sports content around.
Through partnerships with the world's leading publishers and content creators, France Télévisions, Le Parisien, CBS, Bein Sports, CNN, GQ, Universal Music Group, VICE and more, Dailymotion commands 3 billion monthly pageviews across its mobile app, desktop and connected TV experiences. Dailymotion is owned by Vivendi, one of the largest mass-media corporations in the world.
At Dailymotion, we‘re storytellers. We build the best place for people to enjoy the videos that matter. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring discoverable stories to life through premium content from the world’s best publishers. We do this by helping these publishers grow their audiences and monetize their content, their way.
Dailymotion is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We value inclusion and we want you to help us thrive for a more diverse community.
We are looking for an Android developer to join the User Experience Engineering Craft.
At Dailymotion, our team is responsible for building and maintaining the user-facing Dailymotion Native Android application.You are a confirmed developer, accountable and creative, you deeply care about the apps you are contributing to build and love quality products? We will give you the challenging opportunity to work with a team of experienced and passionate Android developers, dedicated to building a new outstanding user experience with a direct impact on business, in a collaborative environment that encourages every member of our team to bring their point of view to the table.
What you will do
- Work on cross-functional projects in an Agile environment and collaborate with Design, Product and other tech teams to build great features and a delightful user experience.
- Design, implement and maintain Dailymotion Android App.
- Analyze and optimize UI, networking and video streaming application code for efficiency and performance.
- Release the app on Google play, make sure it works well for millions of users across the globe.
- Stay up to date with the most important app metrics and feedbacks.
- Work closely with iOS developers on transversal topics and missions.
- Have shipped at least one full-fledged Android app.
- Solid experience with Kotlin, coroutines, and flows.
- Working knowledge of Jetpack Compose
- Solid computer science background (Data structures, multithreading, memory management, …)
- Effectively communicate your coding solutions and articulate the reasons for your decisions.
- Be self-motivated to explore new technologies, apps, tools and frameworks.
- Have a strong sense of User Experience Design and work effectively with UX and UI designers who are obsessive about our users.
- Have a strong sense of testing best practices.
- Excellent knowledge of Android SDK
- Experience building and releasing apps to millions of users.
- Self-organized and ability to prioritize effectively.
- Good communication skills and ability to work effectively in a small fast-paced team.
- Good professional English.
Bonus points for :
- Experience in UI/UX, passion for pixel perfect animations and designs.
- Basics in Design System approach
- MVI, Clean archi knowledge
- Open-source contributions in existing projects.
- Experience in continuous integration and automated testing.
- Basics in video streaming (protocols, codecs, …)
- Understand the benefits and subtleties of A/B Testing
Quick overview of our stack:
Fully Kotlin with Coroutine / Flow – First steps of Jetpack Compose - MVP architecture - Multiple Android modules - Continuous integration with Bitrise and our in-house open-source tool (Kinta) - Dependency injection with Dagger - UI Testing with Espresso / Cucumber - Network stack based on GraphQL Client/API (Apollo) - Misc: JIRA, Confluence, Figma, Transifex, Firebase Crashlytics
- Location: Full remote (In France) or Flex remote in Paris
- Start Date: depending on your availabilities
- Contract Type: Permanent
🔍 Want to learn more about us:
For French Offices 🇫🇷
💰 Saving Plan Vivendi
🕶️ Living Employee Culture (Events / Trainings / Partys / All hands / Dailymotion tradition…)
🚀 Career development support (training / internal mobility / compensation cycle / 360 quarter feedback review …)
🏥 High-end Health Insurance and Personal Services Vouchers (CESU)
⛱️ Paid Time off – RTT and Saving time plan (CET)
✅ Meal Vouchers – Public Transport and Bike refund
🎡 European Economic and Social Committee (sport membership/cinemas vouchers/gift vouchers/discount)