iOS Developer - Video Expert (All genders)
- Type of Contract: Permanent
- Skills / Job Stream Ref: Software
- Department: Operations
Dailymotion is the leading video discovery destination & technology that learns about your tastes over time, constantly surfacing the best, most relevant content on the web. Our mission is to provide the best video user experience for consumers on the market, connecting publishers and advertisers to engaged viewers who turn to Dailymotion for their daily fix of the most compelling music, entertainment, news, and sports content around.
Through partnerships with the world's leading publishers and content creators, France Télévisions, Le Parisien, CBS, Bein Sports, CNN, GQ, Universal Music Group, VICE and more, Dailymotion commands 3 billion monthly pageviews across its mobile app, desktop and connected TV experiences. Dailymotion is owned by Vivendi, one of the largest mass-media corporations in the world.
At Dailymotion, we‘re storytellers. We build the best place for people to enjoy the videos that matter. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring discoverable stories to life through premium content from the world’s best publishers. We do this by helping these publishers grow their audiences and monetize their content, their way.
Dailymotion is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We value inclusion and we want you to help us thrive for a more diverse community.
We are currently seeking a talented iOS Developer specializing in video to join our team. The successful candidate will be experienced in building video-based applications, with a focus on native video players and other video-related features.
- Design and build advanced applications for the iOS platform
- Work closely with our product and design teams to customize the video experience for the iOS platform
- Test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Improve video playback performance and other video-related functionalities
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Proven working experience in iOS development
- A deep familiarity with Swift and Objective-C
- Experience with iOS frameworks.
- Experience working with iOS video playback (AVPlayer)
- Expertise in video streaming, buffering, encoding, and decoding
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Proven experience in developing video-based applications, with a deep understanding of video players, codecs, live streaming, and related technology
- Understanding of video file formats, video analysis, and metadata
- Experience with video editing software and techniques is a plus
At Dailymotion, we empower candidates to take action. If this job sounds like a great opportunity for you, be confident in your skills, we are always happy to meet you! If needed, we can accommodate our recruitment process for your special abilities.
- Location: Paris (France) | Full-remote OR Flex-remote
- Start Date: ASAP
- Contract Type: Permanent Contract
🔍Want to learn more about us:
For the France offices
- 🏡Hybrid Work Framework (4 types of remote work : Full office /Flex office (1/2 days remote) / Flex remote (1/2 days at the office) / Full remote + ability to work 3 month abroad)
- 💰 Saving Plan Vivendi
- 🍼 Paternity leave or Coparental leave extended
- 🕶️ Living Employee Culture (Events / Trainings / Partys / All hands / Dailymotion tradition…)
- 🚀 Career development support (training / internal mobility / compensation cycle / 360 quarter feedback review …)
- 🏥 High-end Health Insurance and Personal Services Vouchers (CESU)
- ⛱️ Paid Time off – RTT and Saving time plan (CET)
- ✅ Meal Vouchers – Public Transport and Bike refund
- 🎡 European Economic and Social Committee (sport membership/cinemas vouchers/gift vouchers/discount)