Engineering Program Director (All Genders)
- Type of Contract: Permanent
- Skills / Job Stream Ref: Program
- Department: Operations
Dailymotion is the leading video discovery destination & technology that learns about your tastes over time, constantly surfacing the best, most relevant content on the web. Our mission is to provide the best video user experience for consumers on the market, connecting publishers and advertisers to engaged viewers who turn to dailymotion for their daily fix of the most compelling music, entertainment, news and sports content around.
Through partnerships with the world's leading publishers and content creators, France Télévisions, Le Parisien, CBS, Bein Sports, CNN, GQ, Universal Music Group, VICE and more, Dailymotion commands 3 billion monthly pageviews across its mobile app, desktop and connected TV experiences. Dailymotion is owned by Vivendi, one of the largest mass-media corporations in the world.
At Dailymotion, we‘re storytellers. We build the best place for people to enjoy the videos that matter. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring discoverable stories to life through premium content from the world’s best publishers. We do this by helping these publishers grow their audiences and monetize their content, their way.
Dailymotion is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We value inclusion and we want you to help us thrive for a more diverse community.
As a Engineering Program Director, you will be a cornerstone of Dailymotion Engineering strategy. You will be working with all engineering members to deliver cross-engineering assets into production. You will initiate, plan, manage, report progress and performance on a wide range of technical programs such as cloud migration, projects with third parties, end to end monitoring.
Duties and responsibilities
- Initiate and set goals for programs according to the strategic objectives.
- Plan the programs from start to completion involving deadlines, milestones, communications and processes.
- Devise evaluation strategies to monitor performance and determine the need for improvements.
- Discover ways to enhance efficiency and productivity of procedures and people
- Keeping upper management informed of the current status of programs using accurate and detailed reports/presentations
- Ensuring all activities and operations comply with internal policies as well as legal guidelines
- Providing feedback to Project Managers and resolving complex problems in a timely manner
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as program director or other managerial position
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
- Excellent Knowledge of performance evaluation techniques and key metrics
- An analytical mindset with great problem-solving abilities
- Strong analytical skills
- Exceptional leadership and organizational skills
- Strong verbal as well as written communication skills
- Experience with data analysis, budgeting, and reporting
- Ability to manage financial aspect of a program/product (audit / budget / reforecast / spent) is a plus
- BSc/BA diploma in management or a relevant field; MSc/MA is a plus
- Prince2 certification is a plus
- Location: Full Office or Flex Office in Paris
- Start Date: depending on your availabilities
- Contract Type: Permanent
🔍 Want to learn more about us:
For French Offices 🇫🇷
💰 Saving Plan Vivendi
🕶️ Living Employee Culture (Events / Trainings / Partys / All hands / Dailymotion tradition…)
🚀 Career development support (training / internal mobility / compensation cycle / 360 quarter feedback review …)
🏥 High-end Health Insurance and Personal Services Vouchers (CESU)
⛱️ Paid Time off – RTT and Saving time plan (CET)
✅ Meal Vouchers – Public Transport and Bike refund
🎡 European Economic and Social Committee (sport membership/cinemas vouchers/gift vouchers/discount)