Senior Network Engineer - Platform Team (All genders)
- Type of Contract: Permanent
- Skills / Job Stream Ref: Systems
- Department: Operations
Dailymotion is the leading video discovery destination & technology that learns about your tastes over time, constantly surfacing the best, most relevant content on the web. Our mission is to provide the best video user experience for consumers on the market, connecting publishers and advertisers to engaged viewers who turn to Dailymotion for their daily fix of the most compelling music, entertainment, news, and sports content around.
Through partnerships with the world's leading publishers and content creators, France Télévisions, Le Parisien, CBS, Bein Sports, CNN, GQ, Universal Music Group, VICE and more, Dailymotion commands 3 billion monthly pageviews across its mobile app, desktop and connected TV experiences. Dailymotion is owned by Vivendi, one of the largest mass-media corporations in the world.
At Dailymotion, we‘re storytellers. We build the best place for people to enjoy the videos that matter. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring discoverable stories to life through premium content from the world’s best publishers. We do this by helping these publishers grow their audiences and monetize their content, their way.
Dailymotion is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We value inclusion and we want you to help us thrive for a more diverse community.
Dailymotion is looking for a skilled, dynamic, and open-minded Network Engineer familiar with Linux systems to join our Platform team. You will work with smart people within a challenging and rich architecture that combines on-premise and public cloud-based environments.
In this context, you will actively contribute to architect, deploy, maintain and continuously improve the network stack. WAN and LAN.
Using agile methodologies, you will also help our teams to build and operate resilient, scalable, and highly available platforms, taking part in the transformation and continuous improvement of Dailymotion’s product.
Duties and responsibilities
The tasks of the Network engineer include, (but are not limited) to the following:
- Define, implement and operate the Dailymotion’s network.
- Collaborate closely with systems and devops engineers, share knowledge, process and best practices to build high standard of quality platforms.
- Ensure reliability and performance of the network maximizing its availability by keeping abreast of technologies and processes.
- Support for break-fix and incident resolutions.
Technical stacks :
- Network : BGP, OSPF, IPSec, L2, Juniper, Cisco
- System : Linux Ubuntu,
- Orchestration/Virtualization : Kubernetes, Lxc, Kvm, Docker
- Automation : SaltStack
- Monitoring/Logging : Observium, Datadog, Shinken, Prometheus, EFK
- Storage : Object, Block and S3 storage
- Programing : Python, Go, Bash, Php
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar ideally in an Agile environment
- Experience with Juniper and/or Cisco network routing devices and with Traffic Engineering
- Experience with Linux systems, debugging and telemetry tools, automation tools.
- Autonomous in project delivery
- Ability to work as a team-player
- Have a good understanding of distributed web architectures.
- Successful track record on operating at scale network production.
- Knowledge of Kubernetes ecosystem and public cloud computing is a plus.
At Dailymotion, we empower candidates to take action. If this job sounds like a great opportunity for you, be confident in your skills, we are always happy to meet you! If needed, we can accommodate our recruitment process for your special abilities.
- On-call 2nd level Network support.
- International travel may be required for operations in our remote points of presence.
- Location: Paris (France)
- Start Date: depending on your availabilities
- Contract Type: Full-time and Permanent contract
🔍Want to learn more about us:
For the France offices
- 🏡Hybrid Work Framework (4 types of remote work : Full office /Flex office (1/2 days remote) / Flex remote (1/2 days at the office) / Full remote + ability to work 3 month abroad)
- 💰 Saving Plan Vivendi
- 🍼 Paternity leave or Coparental leave extended
- 🕶️ Living Employee Culture (Events / Trainings / Partys / All hands / Dailymotion tradition…)
- 🚀 Career development support (training / internal mobility / compensation cycle / 360 quarter feedback review …)
- 🏥 High-end Health Insurance and Personal Services Vouchers (CESU)
- ⛱️ Paid Time off – RTT and Saving time plan (CET)
- ✅ Meal Vouchers – Public Transport and Bike refund
- 🎡 European Economic and Social Committee (sport membership/cinemas vouchers/gift vouchers/discount)