Mobile Engineer Kotlin (Android) – AdTech (All genders)
- Type of Contract: Permanent
- Skills / Job Stream Ref: Software
- Department: Operations
Dailymotion is the leading video discovery destination & technology that learns about your tastes over time, constantly surfacing the best, most relevant content on the web. Our mission is to provide the best video user experience for consumers on the market, connecting publishers and advertisers to engaged viewers who turn to Dailymotion for their daily fix of the most compelling music, entertainment, news and sports content around.
Through partnerships with the world’s leading publishers and content creators, A+E, Discovery, Hearst, Penske Media, Universal Music Group, Vogue, GQ, NASCAR, Sports Illustrated, VICE and more, Dailymotion commands 3 billion monthly pageviews across its mobile app, desktop and connected TV experiences. Dailymotion is owned by Vivendi, one of the largest mass-media corporations in the world.
At Dailymotion, we‘re storytellers. We build the best place for people to enjoy the videos that matter. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring discoverable stories to life through premium content from the world’s best publishers. We do this by helping these publishers grow their audiences and monetize their content, their way.
Dailymotion is searching for a Software Engineer to join our AdTech team and work on building and improving our in-house monetization mobile ad SDK.
As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to work on a key component at the heart of the organization’s revenue pipeline and grow your skills within a collaborative and inclusive culture that values the input of all team members.
We are looking for a Mobile Engineer to join the Native AD SDK Team.
The ideal candidate will collaborate with a passionate, agile, and experienced team playing a pivotal role in developing, enhancing, and maintaining Dailymotion's Ad SDK which is used by the Dailymotion app as well as Dailymotion’s partner’s app.
The Native Ad SDK team has a core and unique position in our organization, working across the Video Player and AdTech teams. The team faces multiple interesting challenges from improving the current in-player advertising stack to developing new innovative ad formats.
Dailymotion currently gets traffic from approx 300 million users worldwide and serves around 3.5 billion videos. Each video view generates around 20 additional messages we process in real-time and propagates to other system parts. We are talking about a huge amount of user traffic and data!
You will be joining the ad tech team at Dailymotion, which have the full ad stack in production since more than 4 years. You will participate to improve and maintain the mobile ad stack, following IAB specification, and with the help of existing teams who developed the web ad stack.
- You will develop the ad SDK to be integrated inside Dailymotion’s and partner’s native app.
- Follow and improve code convention and good practices
- Improve CI/CD, with the help of AdTech teams and other native teams
- Collaborate with other AdTech teams to implements the missing feature to the native ad stack
- Follow “you build it - you run it” mindset (including production deployments)
- Troubleshoot and resolve system problems and customer issues under a very tight service level agreement.
- 3+ years of experience in Android development
- Successful experience in Kotlin development
- Autonomous, rigorous, curious and passionate
- Comfortable working in a team
- Effectively communicate your coding solutions and articulate the reasons for your decisions
- Comfortable with Unit Testing frameworks (Mocking/Stubbing)
- Stay up to date with the latest OS and API updates (Multitasking, Picture-in-Picture, Extensions, Continuity, Size Classes, etc.)
- Be self-motivated to explore new technologies, apps, tools and frameworks
- Have experience in KMM (Kotlin Multiplatform for mobile)
- Have Experience in software-architecture (Clean architecture / VIPER)
- Have already shipped native SDK or already integrated other native SDK in an App
- Experience in Digital Advertising (VMAP, VAST & VPAID...).
- CI/CD: Docker, Helm, Jenkins X, Kubernetes.
- Ads Monitoring
- Already worked with native video player (AVPlayer / ExoPlayer)
At Dailymotion, we empower candidates to take action. If this job sounds like a great opportunity for you, be confident in your skills, we are always happy to meet you! If needed, we can accommodate our recruitment process for your special abilities.
Type of contract: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
For the France offices 🇫🇷
🏡Hybrid remote work model
💰International Group Savings Plan offered through the Vivendi Group
🍼8 weeks paid Paternity leave or Co-parental leave
🕶️Excellent Employee Culture (Company Events / Trainings / Parties / All hands …)
🚀Career development support (training / career check-in with HR / internal mobility/compensation cycle / 360 quarter feedback review …)
🏥Company-paid Health Insurance and Personal Services Vouchers (CESU)
🚇Commuter benefit coverage - Public Transport and Bike refund
🏖️Paid Time off – RTT and Saving time plan (CET)
🎡Workers representatives committee(sport membership/cinemas vouchers/gift vouchers/discount)
Feel free to explore Dailymotion culture a little further, please check out:
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.