Front End Software Engineer - AdTech (All genders)
- Type of Contract: Permanent
- Skills / Job Stream Ref: Engineering Management
- Department: Operations
Dailymotion is the leading video discovery destination & technology that learns about your tastes over time, constantly surfacing the best, most relevant content on the web. Our mission is to provide the best video user experience for consumers on the market, connecting publishers and advertisers to engaged viewers who turn to Dailymotion for their daily fix of the most compelling music, entertainment, news and sports content around.
Through partnerships with the world’s leading publishers and content creators, A+E, Discovery, Hearst, Penske Media, Universal Music Group, Vogue, GQ, NASCAR, Sports Illustrated, VICE and more, Dailymotion commands 3 billion monthly pageviews across its mobile app, desktop and connected TV experiences. Dailymotion is owned by Vivendi, one of the largest mass-media corporations in the world.
At Dailymotion, we‘re storytellers. We build the best place for people to enjoy the videos that matter. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring discoverable stories to life through premium content from the world’s best publishers. We do this by helping these publishers grow their audiences and monetize their content, their way.
We are looking for a Front-End Engineer to join the Player Monetization Team.
The ideal candidate will collaborate with a passionate, agile, and experienced team playing a pivotal role in developing, enhancing, and maintaining Dailymotion's flagship product: the video player.
The Player Monetization team has a core and unique position in our organization, working across the Player and AdTech teams. The team faces multiple interesting challenges from improving the current in-player advertising stack to developing new innovative ad formats.
Dailymotion currently gets traffic from approx 300 million users worldwide and serves around 3.5 billion videos. Each video view generates around 20 additional messages we process in real-time and propagates to other system parts. We are talking about a huge amount of user traffic and data!
- Work in an Agile environment
- Design, implement and maintain advertising related features in the Player.
- Maintain a high-quality level of your projects.
- Analyze and optimize the code for efficiency and performance.
- Follow the “you build it - you run it” mindset (including production deployments).
- Work closely with product team and other stakeholders.
- Work as a team player.
- Passion for web development, coding and problem solving in general.
- Knowledge of development best practices including unit, functional and E2E testing, CI, code reviews and documentation.
- Self-interest to be always up to date with the latest web, browsers and HTML5 news/technologies.
- Desire to build optimized and strong features for the Advertising industry.
- Pro-active, self-motivated.
- Interested in software architecture to help optimizing the ad stack including projects like:
- Player Ads
- VAST Admin
- Ads Monitoring
- Experience with HTML5 Video.
- Experience in Digital Advertising (VMAP, VAST & VPAID...).
- CI/CD: Docker, Helm, Jenkins X, Kubernetes.
At Dailymotion, we empower candidates to take action. If this job sounds like a great opportunity for you, be confident in your skills, we are always happy to meet you! If needed, we can accommodate our recruitment process for your special abilities.
Type of contract: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
For the France offices 🇫🇷
🏡Hybrid remote work model
💰International Group Savings Plan offered through the Vivendi Group
🍼8 weeks paid Paternity leave or Co-parental leave
🕶️Excellent Employee Culture (Company Events / Trainings / Parties / All hands …)
🚀Career development support (training / career check-in with HR / internal mobility/compensation cycle / 360 quarter feedback review …)
🏥Company-paid Health Insurance and Personal Services Vouchers (CESU)
🚇Commuter benefit coverage - Public Transport and Bike refund
🏖️Paid Time off – RTT and Saving time plan (CET)
🎡Workers representatives committee(sport membership/cinemas vouchers/gift vouchers/discount)
Feel free to explore Dailymotion culture a little further, please check out:
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.