Junior Legal Counsel - 6 month contract (All genders)
- Type of Contract: Fixed-Term contract
- Skills / Job Stream Ref: Legal
- Department: Legal
Dailymotion is the leading video discovery destination & technology that learns about your tastes over time, constantly surfacing the best, most relevant content on the web. Our mission is to provide the best video user experience for consumers on the market, connecting publishers and advertisers to engaged viewers who turn to Dailymotion for their daily fix of the most compelling music, entertainment, news, and sports content around.
Through partnerships with the world's leading publishers and content creators, France Télévisions, Le Parisien, CBS, Bein Sports, CNN, GQ, Universal Music Group, VICE and more, Dailymotion commands 3 billion monthly pageviews across its mobile app, desktop and connected TV experiences. Dailymotion is owned by Vivendi, one of the largest mass-media corporations in the world.
At Dailymotion, we‘re storytellers. We build the best place for people to enjoy the videos that matter. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring discoverable stories to life through premium content from the world’s best publishers. We do this by helping these publishers grow their audiences and monetize their content, their way.
Dailymotion is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We value inclusion and we want you to help us thrive for a more diverse community.
Dailymotion is seeking a highly-motivated, energetic, kind, & positive team player to serve as a Junior Legal Counsel as part of our in-house legal team.
The position will provide a multitude of legal support, in particular with regards to the performance of the following missions:
- Contracts drafting and negotiation (in French and English) to be handled in close collaboration with the different operational teams of the company (located in Paris and abroad), in particular :
- content partnership and licensing agreements to be concluded with media companies and for the use of the Dailymotion’s technologies for the hosting and distribution of video content;
- advertising sales contracts (direct sales, programmatic sales including RTB, etc.);
- technical contracts such as bandwidths deals, services agreements of any kind, software license agreements, etc.
- Legal research & memo drafting on a variety of legal subjects;
- Letters drafting (termination letters, cease and desist letters, assignment letters, etc.);
- Monitoring of the compliance of the Dailymotion technologies and more generally of the company’s activities with the applicable laws, in particular Privacy Laws;
- Providing legal advice and training to the operational teams from the different departments and from the international subsidiaries (ex. advice on legality of ads in certain territories);
- Registering and management of the trademarks and domain names;
- Handling of the content takedown notices and authorities’ requests in compliance with the hosting provide status of the company.
- Be fluent in both French and English (and capable of reviewing contracts in both languages)
- Have a law degree
- Have strong organizational skills, be able to work independently and as a team player, have a strong understanding of confidentiality, have excellent communication, analytical and decision-making skills, be able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment;
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in tech, media, or internet company or a law firm;
- Specialization or certification in Business law, Information Technology, Legal Contract Review, Media Law, and/or Intellectual Property;
- Previously international work experience is a plus.
At Dailymotion, we empower candidates to take action. If this job sounds like a great opportunity for you, be confident in your skills, we are always happy to meet you! If needed, we can accommodate our recruitment process for your special abilities.
- Location: Paris
- Type of contract/duration: 6 month
- Start Date: October 1st, 2023
🔍Want to learn more about us:
- 💰 Saving Plan Vivendi
- 🕶️ Living Employee Culture (Events / Trainings / Partys / All hands / Dailymotion tradition…)
- 🚀 Career development support (training / internal mobility / compensation cycle / 360 quarter feedback review …)
- 🏥 High-end Health Insurance and Personal Services Vouchers (CESU)
- ⛱️ Paid Time off
- ✅ Meal Vouchers – Public Transport and Bike refund
- 🎡European Economic and Social Committee (sport membership/cinemas vouchers/gift vouchers/discount)