Sr. ColdFusion Developer
- Dublin, CA
Will discuss upon interview.
- Work with team members to help translate customer needs into design/application specifications.
- Architect, develop and design detailed prototypes and web user interfaces.
- Work directly with the business to finalize application requirements.
- Document all forms of knowledge (processes, procedures, specifications, designs, code).
- Create and maintain database-driven web applications.
- Integrate online applications with back-end systems (using web services, SOAP, REST, etc).
- Learn customer business models in order to lead technical solution
- 5+ Years of software development experience.
- Strong experience in ColdFusion
- Advanced levels with one or more web application platforms (.NET, Groovy, Java, ColdFusion, etc...). The current code base is ColdFusion centric with aspects of jQuery, Flex, and Groovy. However our long term plan is to migrate towards a Groovy/Grails platform. Candidates who enjoy picking up new skills are what we're looking for.
- Strong database side technologies (SQL, Microsoft SQL Server, stored procedures).
- Understanding of usability best practices. v Systems architecture.
- Object oriented software engineering methodologies and patterns (e.g. MVC).
Desired Technical Proficiencies:
- Understanding of Agile development practices and concepts.
General Business and Customer skills required:
- Close attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively test and document your own work.
- Great organizational and time-management skills, including an ability to estimate project completion times.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects, tasks, and deadlines.
- Self-motivated and self-directed: We need someone who will proactively tackle challenges, and propose innovative solutions.
- Great communication skills: both written and verbal (Developers respond directly to client requests, so the ability to correspond professionally is critical).
- Properly assess and meet customer needs in a professional and courteous manner.
- Anticipate business needs and communicate/pitch new ideas.
This is a Direct Hire position or contract to hire position. Open to relocation.