DataStax Enterprise is the only Big Data platform powered by Cassandra, the massively scalable NoSQL database. DataStax enables customers to run their most critical applications in a continuously available architecture, even across multiple datacenters and the cloud. We are a fast growing software company with over 200 customers, ranging from startups to 20 of the Fortune 100. DataStax Enterprise not only delivers production-ready Cassandra, but also goes one step further by integrating the best of breed Big Data technologies, Apache Hadoop for analytics, and Apache Solr for search, all managed graphically through DataStax OpsCenter. DataStax is headquartered in San Mateo, CA with development offices in Austin, TX and Sunnyvale, CA
The cool stuff you’ll do:
DataStax is looking for experienced engineers who have a passion for helping others be successful.
- Learn and use Apache Cassandra and DataStax products.
- Research, reproduce, troubleshoot, and solve highly challenging technical issues.
- Work with leading technologists around the world.
- Manage technical inquiries from customers through resolution.
- Ensure that customer issues are resolved as expediently as possible.
- Understand how customers use our products.
- Create code samples, tutorials, and articles for the DataStax knowledgebase.
- Advocate for the resolution of issues that are directly affecting our customers
- Collaborate and build Support Team infrastructure tools.
The stuff you’ll need to succeed:
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Comfortable with low-level Linux command line and networking tools
- Can read and actively modify Java code
- Can create quick scripts in Python and/or modify existing scripts
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Ability to efficiently prioritize an often fluctuating workload
- Flexible schedule for light to moderate overnight support
- PLUS: Knowledge of Cassandra, Hadoop or Solr (not required)
- PLUS: Use of Linux or Mac as primary operating system (not required)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.