DataStax Enterprise is the only Big Data platform powered by Cassandra, the massively scalable NoSQL database. DataStax enables customers to run their most critical applications in a continuously available architecture, even across multiple datacenters and the cloud. We are a fast growing software company with over 200 customers, ranging from startups to 16 of the Fortune 100. DataStax Enterprise not only delivers production-ready Cassandra, but also goes one step further by integrating the best of breed Big Data technologies, Apache Hadoop for analytics, and Apache Solr for search. DataStax is headquartered in San Mateo, CA with development offices in Austin, TX and Sunnyvale, CA
The cool stuff you’ll do:
DataStax is looking for a talented Corporate Communications professional to drive the execution and development of DataStax’ communications activities which include public relations, analyst relations, social, web blog, customer success, speaking and awards programs.
- Work with the VP of Marketing on internal and external communications plan
- Maintain the corporate communications calendar for PR/AR, social, blog, etc.
Manage relationships with press, analysts and customers to achieve corporate communications goals and deliverables
- Establish and track progress against key metrics for corporate communications success
- Develop Customer Reference program, incorporating customers into all messaging and marketing activities, creating framework for celebrating and promoting customer success.
- Interface with Public Relations agency, managing their deliverables and responding to media enquiries and other opportunities and holding accountability for overall plan.
- Serve as point of contact for Analyst firms such as Gartner, Forrester, 451 Group. Develop trusted relationships with analyst firm contacts and build proactive plan for driving influence and mindshare
The stuff you’ll need to succeed:
- 8 – 9 years with increasingly progressive responsibilities in a corporate communications role for a software company or agency serving the software market
- Expert level public relations experience
- Exceptional journalism or PR writing and editing skills
- High energy, self-starter with a ‘get things done’ attitude
- Understanding of Analyst Relations
- Experience securing customers for joint marketing and PR / AR activities
- BS or MS in Marketing, Journalism or equivalent
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.