Sr. Product Manager - Server Technologies
- Sunnyvale, CA
DataStax Enterprise is the only Big Data platform powered by Cassandra, the massively scalable NoSQL database. DataStax enables customers to run their most critical applications in a continuously available architecture, even across multiple datacenters and the cloud. We are a fast growing software company with over 300 customers, ranging from startups to 20 of the Fortune 100. DataStax Enterprise not only delivers production-ready Cassandra, but also goes one step further by integrating the best of breed Big Data technologies, Apache Hadoop for analytics, and Apache Solr for search. DataStax is headquartered in San Mateo, CA with development offices in Austin, TX and Sunnyvale, CA
In the specialty occupation of Sr. Product Manager of Server Technologies, the candidate will be responsible for the product management responsibilities for the DataStax Enterprise Server as well as work with customers and the open source community on future versions of Cassandra. Specifically, the candidate will spend 100% of his/her time on the following professional duties and responsibilities:
- 30% Product Lifecycle Management –
- Research, analyze, and develop new/ existing product features or improvements;
- Assist in the management of the requirements phase of each functional enhancement
(including functional and technical specifications);
- Perform technical mockups and related tests; and
- Initiate promotional and launch activities to introduce new/ existing product features or
improvements set to market.
- 30% Strategic Research and Analysis –
- Perform the necessary research to keep DataStax Enterprise Server the leading NoSQL big data platform, which includes full ownership and management of the product roadmap;
- Perform competitive analysis on rival products to maintain a competitive edge; and
- Seek out new opportunities (business development, partner, etc.) for growth with
respect to the areas of responsibility and works with internal areas to ensure success.
- 30% Internal Support –
- Work with various internal areas of the Company such as the executive staff, sales,
marketing, documentation, and others to ensure successful knowledge transfer with
respect to the areas of assigned responsibility;
- Work one-on-one with internal staff members, sales and marketing teams, QA personnel, technical support, and engineering, and provide support with product-related issues; and
- Interface with customers, industry press and analysts, and others to promote DataStax solutions.
- 10% Written and Oral Communication-
- Produce all product management documents including statement of direction, marketing requirements, functional specs, marketing collateral such as white papers, etc.;
- Write and blog on relevant industry topics; and
- Make presentations for webinars, conference speaking events, and other such venues.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or a related degree or its foreign equivalency. A master’s degree is a plus. In addition, the candidate must have a minimum of two (2) years of experience in product management and/ or solutions engineering. Experience handling press, industry analysts, and other media interactions is required. Experience working with NoSQL and big data technologies (Cassandra, Hadoop, Riak, Solr, etc.) is a plus. Further, the candidate must have knowledge of legacy RDBMS’s/database offerings (MySQL, MySQL Cluster, etc.), must have a proven track record and knowledge of managing innovative and disruptive technology solutions and creating strategic product roadmaps, and must have outstanding customer and communication skills, and strong presentation skills for webinars, conference speaking events, and other such venues.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.