Product Marketing Manager
- San Mateo, CA
Apache Cassandra™ is exploding in organizations that need a massively scalable NoSQL database to power their modern transactional applications. What makes Cassandra the database of choice is its fully distributed architecture, combined with industry leading performance. Cassandra was built from the ground up with no single points of failure, making it the perfect solution for continuously available applications across multiple datacenters and the cloud.
DataStax was founded by Jonathan Ellis, the chairman of the Apache Cassandra project, and is committed to accelerating the growth of both the Apache Cassandra technology and its open source community. In addition, Cassandra is at the core of DataStax Enterprise, a complete big data platform for businesses running their applications in production.
The cool stuff you’ll do:
DataStax is looking for a bright individual to drive our Product Marketing efforts. This person will partner closely with product management, sales and corporate marketing to assure the successful market launch of DataStax’ products.
- Positioning: Drive and evangelize product and solution positioning company-wide; work with corporate marketing and Cassandra community teams to promote DataStax DSE and other solutions to internal and external stakeholders.
- Partner Marketing: Support partner development efforts with activities such as joint webinars and events
- Collateral/Sales Tools Development: Create and maintain compelling marketing assets to support key sales objectives; includes datasheets, white papers, videos, sales presentations, website content, etc.
- Sales Enablement: Partner with sales and product management to drive product, solution and corporate training programs for a variety of stakeholders; includes webinars, sales meetings and on-boarding programs
- Product and Solution Strategy: Contribute to DataStax’ efforts to synthesize and validate short- and long-term product and solution strategies; work with sales, product management, market strategy, finance and executives to help create and communicate detailed business cases, value propositions and go-to-market plans
- Packaging & Pricing: Analyze, recommend and implement solution packaging and pricing strategies to maximize sales opportunities
- Marketing Programs Support:Represent DataSTax at conferences; support marketing programs team at tradeshows to demo products, etc.
The stuff you’ll need to succeed:
- 3 - 5+ years of recent software/technology product management or product marketing experience
- Demonstrated success leading, managing and implementing software/technology product launch programs
- Experience working with multiple products and/or solutions simultaneously
- Must be revenue focused
- Excellent written, verbal and customer presentations skills
- Exceptional project management skills; ability to work cross-functionally in a matrixed environment with a variety of stakeholders
- Able to work with remote teams
- Willing to travel about 20% of the time
- Pragmatic Marketing a plus
- Open Source software experience a plus
- BA/BS degree in business, marketing, CS or related field
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.