Solutions Architect - EMEA
- London, United Kingdom
DataStax Enterprise is the only Big Data platform powered by Cassandra, the massively scalable NoSQL database. DataStax enables customers to run their most critical applications in a continuously available architecture, even across multiple datacenters and the cloud. We are a fast growing software company with over 200 customers, ranging from startups to 20 of the Fortune 100. DataStax Enterprise not only delivers production-ready Cassandra, but also goes one step further by integrating the best of breed Big Data technologies, Apache Hadoop for analytics, and Apache Solr for search. DataStax is headquartered in San Mateo, CA with European headquarters in London.
DataStax is looking for a talented Solutions Architect with expertise in and passion for making customers and partners successful. These organizations come to DataStax when they are looking for trustworthy and reliable advice on how best to tackle their challenges in scaling their applications and data beyond the constraints or traditional RDBMS databases and application design. As such, we are looking for individuals who both understand the traditional and can articulate this new breed of solution able to deliver massive reliable scale at a fraction of the cost. Based in London, the role will require extensive travel in Europe and will more specifically have the following responsibilities. This role will be responsible for the following:
- Qualifying customer requirements and effectively articulating DataStax’s ability to meet these requirements.
- Ensuring the success of customer PoC/Pilots through effective management of acceptance criteria and issue escalation/resolution
- Partner education and deal support maximizing DataStax’s success through effective mentoring and product positioning
- Developing and delivering exceptional company/product presentations and demonstrations 1:1 and 1:many
- An active member of the field feedback process to the Product Management team
- Engagement of the Cassandra community through attendance to communityevents and the delivery of DataStax content as required.
- 5+ years customer facing experience
- Proven track record within a software vendor or turn-key hardware/software vendor
- Strong communication and presentation skills with an ability to present complex solutions concisely 1:1 and to a large audience
- Experience in both traditional RDBMS and NoSQL databases
- Direct exposure to Cassandra,Hadoop and Solr preferable
- Engaged directly in Data Warehousing projects preferable
- Software development skills and able to communicate well to the developer community from the developer to the development leader
- Comfortable talking up and down the IT chain of command including at IT Director / CIO level
- Good knowledge of datacenter architecture particular multi-datacenter and global deployments
- Organized and analytical, able to thrive under pressure whilst leveraging strong time management skills
- Creative and adaptive approach with an ability to remove obstacles and accelerate the sales cycle
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.