Lead Development Representative
- San Mateo, CA
DataStax Enterprise is the only Big Data platform powered by Cassandra, the massively scalable NoSQL database. DataStax enables customers to run their most critical applications in a continuously available architecture, even across multiple datacenters and the cloud. We are a fast growing software company with over 200 customers, ranging from startups to 16 of the Fortune 100. DataStax Enterprise not only delivers production-ready Cassandra, but also goes one step further by integrating the best of breed Big Data technologies, Apache Hadoop for analytics, and Apache Solr for search. DataStax is headquartered in San Mateo, CA with development offices in Austin, TX and Sunnyvale, CA
The cool stuff you’ll do:
The Lead Development Representative role at DataStax could be the right fit for you if you are a high energy driven professional looking to take your career to the next level. It all starts with attitude.
DataStax is a high-energy environment full of motivated professionals who recognize the huge opportunity in front of us. There is a palpable combination of individual confidence and recognition that working in a team helps everyone. We don’t think you will find a more positive, supportive and challenging environment.
We are looking for talented Lead Development Representatives who will be responsible for identifying and qualifying sales opportunities for both Corporate and Enterprise Sales Managers.
The role focuses on identifying the business need while also conducting information-gathering to help pre-qualify opportunities for the sale organization through phone and email contact.
Key job responsibilities:
- Aggressively identify qualified sales opportunities in both small & enterprise accounts
- Proficient in account contact research and discovery
- Interact with IT and business decision makers via telephone and email
- Update lead and prospect activity in Salesforce.com to ensure effective lead management
- Obtain thorough knowledge of the company’s potential use case, while identifying the business value DataStax will align to.
- Work closely with inside and field Account Executives to understand the territory and plan to grow the customer base.
- Nurture early phase opportunities for future pipeline potential.
- Be a team player with high energy
- Achieve or exceed all monthly and quarterly sales quotas
The stuff you’ll need to succeed:
The ideal candidate requires high energy, high performance drive for individual success and overall success of the company. They will need to be articulate, professional, and knowledgeable of DataStax Enterprise and understand the sales process in order to aggressively prospect, identify, qualify and develop sales pipeline.
- 1+ years Sales/Lead Generation experience
- Be self-motivated and have the ability to thrive in a result-oriented environment
- Proven track record of achieving and exceeding measurable goals in a highly automated metrics based phone sales environment.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral & written) skills
- Excellent knowledge of telemarketing best practices and proven qualification skills via phone
- Proven comfort and skill to navigate through all levels of an organization
- Prior use of CRM and web conferencing tools such as Skype, Go-to-Meeting or WebEx a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.