- San Mateo, CA
DataStax powers the apps that transform business for more than 300 customers, including startups and 20 of the Fortune 100. DataStax delivers a massively scalable, flexible and continuously available big data platform built on Apache Cassandra™. DataStax integrates enterprise-ready Cassandra, Apache Hadoop™ for analytics and Apache Solr™ for search, across multiple data centers and in the cloud.
Companies such as Adobe, HealthCare Anytime, eBay, Thomson Reuters and Netflix rely on DataStax to transform their businesses
DataStax is looking for a talented Solutions Architect with expertise in big data technology and a passion for making customers and partners successful. Organizations come to DataStax when they are looking for trustworthy and reliable software and guidance on how best to tackle their challenges in scaling their applications and data beyond the constraints of traditional RDBMS databases and application design. As such, we are looking for individuals who both understand the traditional challenges companies face in implementing a big data strategy and can articulate this new breed of solution. This role will cover North America and will include the following:
- Qualifying customer requirements and effectively articulating DataStax’s ability to meet these requirements.
- Ensuring the success of customer PoC/Pilots through effective management of acceptance criteria and issue escalation/resolution
- Partner education and deal support maximizing DataStax’s success through effective mentoring and product positioning
- Developing and delivering exceptional company/product presentations and demonstrations 1:1 and 1:many
- An active member of the field feedback process to the Product Management team
- Engagement of the Cassandra community through attendance to community events and the delivery of DataStax content as required.
- 2+ years customer facing experience
- 5+ years in an application development or consulting role
- Proven track record within a software vendor or turn-key hardware/software vendor
- Strong communication and presentation skills with an ability to present complex solutions concisely 1:1 and to a large audience
- 5+ years experience in both traditional RDBMS and NoSQL databases including Data Modeling
- Direct exposure to Cassandra, Hadoop and Solr preferable but not required
- 5+ years experience with Linux, Java, Python
- Software development skills with the ability to communicate well to the developer community
- Comfortable talking up and down the IT chain of command including the IT Director / CIO level
- Good knowledge of datacenter architecture particularly multi-datacenter and global deployments
- Organized and analytical, able to thrive under pressure whilst leveraging strong time management skills
- Creative and adaptive approach with an ability to remove obstacles and accelerate the sales cycle
- Software Development/Engineering work experience preferred
Ability to travel up to 50% of the time is required. This position can be based from any U.S. city.