DataStax powers the apps that transform business for more than 300 customers, including startups and 20 of the Fortune 100. DataStax delivers a massively scalable, flexible and continuously available big data platform built on Apache Cassandra™. DataStax integrates enterprise-ready Cassandra, Apache Hadoop™ for analytics and Apache Solr™ for search, across multiple data centers and in the cloud.
Companies such as Adobe, HealthCare Anytime, eBay, Thomson Reuters and Netflix rely on DataStax to transform their businesses
The cool stuff you'll do:
DataStax is looking for an Inside Sales Engineer with a passion for helping to make customers and partners successful. This position is based in the San Mateo office. The candidate will be responsible for working directly with the Inside Sales organization and the field Sales Engineering organization as well as helping to manage field facing programs and initiatives. The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Ability to work closely with inside sales reps
- Conduct research for the SE organization
- Maintain and update the SE intranet
- Assist with PoC’s
- Assist with development of technical presentations
- Become fully certified Cassandra expert
- Assist with documentation and training
The stuff you’ll need to succeed:
- 1-2 years customer facing experience
- Strong communication and presentation skills with an ability to present complex solutions concisely 1:1 and to a large audience
- 1+ years experience working with enterprise software
- 2+ years experience with Linux, Java, Python
- Strong communications skills
Ability to travel 10% of the time.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.