Channel Solutions Architect
- San Mateo, CA
DataStax powers the apps that transform business for more than 300 customers, including startups and 20 of the Fortune 100. DataStax delivers a massively scalable, flexible and continuously available big data platform built on Apache Cassandra™. DataStax integrates enterprise-ready Cassandra, Apache Hadoop™ for analytics and Apache Solr™ for search, across multiple data centers and in the cloud.
Companies such as Adobe, HealthCare Anytime, eBay, Thomson Reuters and Netflix rely on DataStax to transform their businesses
DataStax is looking for a talented Solutions Architect with expertise in big data technology to support our channel organization. This will include supporting cycles with potential OEM partners as well as resellers and systems integrators. This role will cover North America and will include the following:
- Qualifying customer requirements and effectively articulating DataStax’s ability to meet these requirements.
- Ensuring the success of PoC/Pilots with potential OEM partners through effective management of acceptance criteria and issue escalation/resolution
- Partner education and deal support maximizing DataStax’s success through effective coaching and product positioning
- Developing and delivering exceptional company/product presentations and demonstrations 1:1 and 1:many
- An active member of the field feedback process to the Product Management team
- Engagement of the Cassandra community through attendance of community events and the delivery of DataStax content as required.
- 2+ years working in partner sales organizations
- 2+ years customer-facing experience
- 5+ years experience in both traditional RDBMS and NoSQL databases, including Data Modeling
- 5+ years experience with Linux, Java, Python
- Proven track record within a software vendor or turn-key hardware/software vendor
- Strong communication and presentation skills with an ability to present complex solutions concisely 1:1 and to a large audienceDirect exposure to Cassandra, Hadoop and Solr preferable but not requiredSoftware development and integration skills with the ability to communicate well to developer communities
- Fluency in speaking to the full range of IT stakeholders including the IT Director / CIO level
- Good knowledge of datacenter architecture particularly multi-datacenter and global deployments
- Organized and analytical, able to thrive under pressure with outstanding time management skills
- Creative and adaptive approach to removing obstacles and accelerating the sales cycle
Ability to travel up to 50% of the time is required
Location: North America near a major airport.