DataStax powers the apps that transform business for more than 300 customers, including startups and 20 of the Fortune 100. DataStax delivers a massively scalable, flexible and continuously available big data platform built on Apache Cassandra™. DataStax integrates enterprise-ready Cassandra, Apache Hadoop™ for analytics and Apache Solr™ for search, across multiple data centers and in the cloud.
Companies such as Adobe, HealthCare Anytime, eBay, Thomson Reuters and Netflix rely on DataStax to transform their businesses
- This position will initially be split between Sunnyvale and San Mateo, with most time spent in Sunnyvale after 6 months.
- Support, maintain, and troubleshoot systems including Macs and PCs utilizing Windows 7/8, OSX, linux, MS Office, Google apps for business, anti virus, wireless devices, etc…
- Setup new user accounts as well as deploy laptops to new users.
- Install and configure software.
- Setup and configure printers, scanners, phones, and other peripherals.
- Document issue resolution using the help desk ticketing system.
- Maintain inventory of all hardware and software resources and parts.
- 3-5 years experience in a related field.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Comprehensive knowledge of cross platform environments.
- Experience in deploying computer systems, printers and wireless devices.
- PC, Mac and peripherals hardware and software troubleshooting experience. Windows, Microsoft applications and networking essentials.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to efficiently prioritize a fluctuating workload.
- Plus: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPN, networking (not required).
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.