Executive Assistant to Sales
- Sunnyvale, CA
DataStax powers the apps that transform business for more than 300 customers, including startups and 20 of the Fortune 100. DataStax delivers a massively scalable, flexible and continuously available big data platform built on Apache Cassandra™. DataStax integrates enterprise-ready Cassandra, Apache Hadoop™ for analytics and Apache Solr™ for search, across multiple data centers and in the cloud.
Companies such as Adobe, HealthCare Anytime, eBay, Thomson Reuters and Netflix rely on DataStax to transform their businesses
This position will be based out of San Mateo, CA thru beginning of 2014 and then move to new office location in Sunnyvale/Santa Clara area. The Executive Assistant is responsible for performing a set of diverse complex executive duties for EVP, Worldwide Field Operations and other key sales staff members of the leadership team. This position requires high-level internal and external contacts, and exposure to sensitive information, requiring considerable use of tact, diplomacy, initiative, discretion and judgment. In this position, you must be able to handle a high degree of confidentiality, possess business acumen, be able to connect a wide variety of worldwide activities into a cohesive picture and set of actions, and execute in a timely and appropriate fashion.
The Executive Assistant performs a wide variety of administrative and project related duties for EVP, Worldwide Field Operations and his key staff including maintaining files, handling incoming and outgoing correspondence, expense reporting, statistical reports and analysis, etc. Ensures that the office of EVP operates in an efficient manner by supporting calendar management, travel arrangements and other administrative and project related duties.
- Serves as a liaison between the EVP, staff, customers and candidates as requested. Follows up to ensure timely response to projects and assignments.
- Ability to communicate instruction and information effectively at all levels including executives (internal and external), administrative and line management personnel to gather and/or convey information pertaining to the EVP requests.
- Screen information on incoming documents which may require EVP attention.
- Perform special assignments that require the successful candidate to exercise independent judgment.
- Coordinates meetings, logistics and travel arrangements.
- Responsible for assisting with and preparing various statistical, operating and administrative reports.
- Assists in the coordination, organization and planning of internal and external meetings/functions/seminars.
- Assists with special projects as assigned that can include collecting/analyzing data, developing/administering surveys and preparing memos/presentations.
- Other duties/projects as assigned
- 2-3 years supporting global Sales at the VP/Executive level
- College degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient in Google email/calendars
- Experience managing daily calendar, demonstrating flexibility and problem-solving abilities to adjust, anticipate and prioritize schedules based on last-minute changes.
- Proficient in all MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Experience with sophisticated sales contact management system Salesforce.com or similar is desired.