Managed Storage Engineer
- Eden Prairie, MN
The Managed Storage Engineer provides Level 2/3 management of our customers managed Storage services. Working with a Manager, this individual will handle incidents and service requests to remotely administer our customer’s Storage environment. Additionally, the Engineer will proactively manage the environment through performance, capacity and configuration management reports. The Engineer will interact with internal Datalink sales and technical resources to deepen our customer relationship. The Engineer will also interact with the customer directly on case updates, recommendations and improvements. The Engineer will also develop process documentation and automation techniques to expand the service to operational resources. The Engineer will also leverage existing and new tools to expand visibility into the customer environments. This is a unique opportunity in a dynamic, fast-paced and collaborative environment with hands-on access to leading edge datacenter, virtualization, and storage technologies.
- Bachelors or Associates degree in a technical discipline.
- 3-5 years of managing NetApp Storage solutions is required.
- 1-2 years of managing HDS Storage solutions is a plus
- Knowledge of other solutions including EMC and NetApp is a plus.
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong documentation skills
- Practical knowledge of Storage hardware including Quantum, Oracle/Sun/StorageTek, and SpectraLogic Tape libraries; and Quantum, Diligent or EMC/Data Domain Virtual Tape libraries.
- Proven experience with UNIX operating systems, especially Solaris. Experience with RedHat Linux, AIX and HP-UX a plus.
- Proven experience with backup technologies including Symantec NetBackup, EMC Networker, and CommVault are a plus.
- Proven experience with Oracle/Sun servers a plus.
- Proven experience with Windows server operating systems, including NT, 2000, 2003, and 2008; certifications a plus.
- Proven experience with VMWare, ESX Server, and vSphere a plus.
- Practical knowledge of DNS, Active Directory, Novell NDS, TCP/IP; knowledge of Cisco, McData, and/or Brocade routers and switches a plus.
- Knowledge of Storage and archive of Microsoft Exchange, Oracle and SQL databases a plus.