Multimedia Design Intern
- Vancouver, Canada
Join the country’s most trusted environmental organization and become a force for good.
About us: We find solutions for living within the limits of nature. Through a combination of sound science and active public engagement, we seek to motivate Canadians to take action on the environmental challenges we collectively face. Our Foundation is an independent charity, supported by nearly 30,000 donors from across Canada and abroad. With headquarters in Vancouver and offices in Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal we address issues from coast to coast to coast, in both official languages. With the support of scientists, academics, progressive businesses, governments, non-governmental organizations and tens of thousands of Canadian we aim to achieve this vision: That within a generation Canadians act on the understanding that we are interconnected and interdependent with nature, and with each other.” We seek the best research to provide innovative solutions that will help build a competitive economy that does not threaten the natural services that support all life. You can learn more about us at www.davidsuzuki.org
The David Suzuki Foundation works through science and education to protect the diversity of nature and our quality of life, now and for the future. With a goal of achieving sustainability within a generation, DSF collaborates with scientists, business and industry, academia, government and non-governmental organizations. We seek the best research to provide innovative solutions that will help build a clean, competitive economy that does not threaten the natural services that support all life. An independent charity, DSF is supported with the help of some 40,000 individual supporters across Canada and around the world. You can learn more about the Foundation at www.davidsuzuki.org
The Multimedia Design intern will work within the David Suzuki Foundation's Digital Strategy department to support our presence on the web and in print. The intern will help with a range of tasks, from email layout and graphic design to social media, and help maintain a major website with a diverse Canadian and international audience.
Manager, Digital Strategy
This is a full time (four days/week) position beginning Wednesday January 2 until Tuesday, April 30.
Hours / week:
34 hrs/week (4 days / week)
- Design, layout and optimize webpages
- Layout email newsletters
- Adapt publications to webpages
- Source images and create web graphics
- Lay out a variety of print publications, from brochures and reports to direct mail materials
Benefits to the Intern:
- Experience in fast-paced production environment
- Brand management experience, using one of Canada's top brands (David Suzuki)
- Being part of the coordinating team for an award-winning, nationally recognized website
Opportunity to learn varied web platforms and tools, and design collateral for high-profile national campaigns
- Skilled with HTML and CSS
- Strong, clean design skills for web and print
- Excellent proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Acrobat
- Image editing with Photoshop
- Copyediting skills
- Strong attention to detail and adherence to style guidelines
- Prefer current student or graduate of a web design and development program (or equivalent courses/experience)
- Knowledge of the print process an asset
- Video production experience an asset
- Knowledge of Movable Type or other CMS,Google Adwords and Analytics are assets
We welcome your cover letter and resume by November 30th, 2012. Your cover letter should explain why you are qualified for this job, outlining both your experience and measurable accounts of your success in communications and marketing. Please articulate your interest and how you meet the role criteria. Applications with an online portfolio or other examples of previous work will be given priority.