Digital Fundraising Coordinator (Term Contract - remote near Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver DSF office)
- #219 - 2211 West 4th Avenue, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Join the country’s most trusted environmental organization and become a force for good!
About the David Suzuki Foundation
Always grounded in sound evidence, the David Suzuki Foundation empowers people to act in their communities on the environmental challenges we collectively face. Through evidence-based research, policy analysis, education and citizen empowerment, we conserve and protect the natural environment to create a sustainable Canada.
Our mission is to protect nature’s diversity and the well-being of all life, now and for the future. Our vision is that we all act every day on the understanding that we are one with nature #OneNature.
You can learn more about us at www.davidsuzuki.org
The David Suzuki Foundation hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equality and diversity within its community and to a welcoming and inclusive workplace. We especially welcome applications from Indigenous persons, visible minority group members, women, persons with disabilities, people of all sexual orientations and genders, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Job Title: Digital Fundraising Coordinator
Terms: Full-time 1-year term (34 hours/ 4-day week)
Location: Based near Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver offices with remote work schedule during pandemic
Reporting to: Associate Director, Community Giving
Salary: 45-50k based on experience
- Are you a talented technical and digital marketing expert?
- Do you have some fundraising knowledge but would like to learn more on the job while working for Nature and the Environmental Issues of our times?
You and the Job
We are a group of talented, bright and passionate people working to make a difference by raising money for critical work for the environment.
We're looking for a technical expert who is highly organized, motivated and collaborative. The Digital Fundraising Coordinator position in an integral role to the success of the David Suzuki Foundation’s fundraising and donor stewardship efforts.
Who You Are
You are a talented technical and digital marketing expert. You are interested in Digital Fundraiser and know that a good fundraising team is the backbone of any successful non-profit.
Your exceptional digital marketing strategy and technical skills are what make you a star. You use data and testing to deliver savvy and successful digital campaigns.
You are adept at working with multiple fundraising and marketing platforms and you have strong knowledge of several email and social media marketing tools; knowing which will bring the best results for each campaign.
You learn systems quickly and bring excellent organizational and time-management skills to the role. You are a collaborative team player who doesn’t mind rolling up your sleeves to get the work done.
You’re energetic and enjoy dynamic work that is results driven. You really care about the environment.
You love your work and thrive in a fast-paced stimulating environment.
The key responsibility of this role is coordinating, producing, sending and analyzing digital fundraising and stewardship campaigns. To do this, you’ll:
- Manage, monitor, evaluate and optimize digital fundraising campaigns
- Manage social media marketing tools, particularly Facebook
- Expert in the use of digital tools such as email management solutions, CRMs and fundraising platforms
- Experience with Marketo, Artez/Frontstream, Engaging Networks, Shopify, Salesforce and Raiser’s Edge is a strong asset
- Collaborate using Word, Excel and Outlook. Experience with Office 365/SharePoint/Microsoft Teams is an asset.
- Update and optimize basic images for web and mobile using Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Write effective marketing content for different digital channels (email, social, web, etc.)
- Other duties as required
Skills, Experience and Knowledge Required
- Minimum one-year experience in a digital fundraising or digital marketing role, including email and social media production, or equivalent training/education
- Passion for digital media, a keen interest in fundraising and a desire to provide an exceptional donor-focused experience
- Expert at optimizing digital campaigns based on solid data analysis and testing
- Proven ability to work to multiple, strict deadlines
- Experience working in a busy remote team environment
- Strong attention to detail with proven capacity to check your own work
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills
- Excellent English language skills. French language skills an asset.
- Ability to communicate the values and programs of the David Suzuki Foundation in a way that lets donors understand how their support makes a difference
- Strong values aligned with DSF’s mission, demonstrated through work or community service
What You Get:
- To be part of a dynamic team
- A generous benefit package
- A four-day work week
- A progressive work culture
- A chance to make an impact on the health of the planet
Please submit your cover letter and your resume online and submit your application by going to https://davidsuzuki.org/careers/ The position will stay open until it is filled. Only qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews.
We recognize the importance of a diversified workforce, and we encourage women, Indigenous People(s), First Nations, Inuk/ Inuit and Métis candidates, racialized persons, and persons with different abilities to apply.