Digital Strategy Coordinator – Email Marketing and Conversion Optimization
- Vancouver, Canada
Join the country’s most trusted environmental organization and become a force for good.
We find solutions for living within the limits of nature. Through a combination of evidence-based science and active public engagement, we seek to motivate Canadians to take action on the pressing environmental challenges we collectively face. With headquarters in Vancouver and regional offices in Toronto and Montreal, we address issues from coast to coast to coast, in both official languages. With the support of scientists, academics, progressive businesses, governments, non-governmental organizations and hundreds of thousands of Canadian we aim to achieve this vision: “That within a generation Canadians act on the understanding that we are interconnected and interdependent with nature, and with each other.”
The David Suzuki Foundation’s Digital Strategy Team supports the online delivery of all of the Foundation’s work. The Digital Strategy Coordinator - Email Marketing and Conversion Optimization will work across all projects and initiatives to deliver and optimize engaging online content based on project goals and organizational goals. This successful candidate will work closely with project leads and the Digital Strategy team to develop, test and iterate across all online content channels with a focus on email.
Email Marketing – 50%
- Work with project and content leads to develop email content – you are the expert on content delivery and goal conversions, they are the experts on subject matter
- Implement email campaigns via Marketo
- Align email content with organizational content strategy
- Measure what matters, analyze results and report back to project lead and content leads, recommending continuous improvements and sharing key learnings organization wide
Content Strategy – 20%
- Contribute to the development of and adherence to organizational content strategy protocol
- Coordinate, prioritize and align online communications outputs across The David Suzuki Foundation; coordinate with communications staff across the organization to ensure alignment
- Recommend meaningful content improvements based on analysis in relation to project and organizational goals
Metrics and Analysis – 20%
- Engage project and content leads in setting measurable goals
- Implement effective tactics for tracking and analyzing online impact across multiple delivery channels with a focus on email and conversion optimization
- Analyze content, tactics and campaigns and translate anecdotal, qualitative and quantitative data into recommendations to increase impact, engagement and value to our community
Website Development (back up to lead developer) – 10%
- Maintain all David Suzuki Foundation online properties
- Manage content across all David Suzuki Foundation online properties
- Align online presence with organization’s goals, vision and voice
- Work across all projects to recommend, develop, implement and test digital tactics to achieve project and organizational goals
The ideal candidate will have significant experience in email marketing and conversion optimization with a portfolio and proven record of success. As a web analytics whiz, this person will have a knack for translating data into measurable improvements in online design and content. The ideal candidate is a positive team player who thrives and is excited by the challenge of working in a busy, deadline-driven and information-rich workplace. By being comfortable with ambiguity, the person we're looking for excels at collaborating across departments and cross-functional teams.
Skills and Qualifications
- Demonstrated expertise in email marketing
- Extensive experience with website analytics tools, preferably Google Analytics
- Extensive experience testing online content and design and iterating based on results
- Demonstrated expertise in interactive communication design, website development and content management
- Knowledge of MovableType, Salesforce, Marketo, Drupal, Google Adwords and Wordpress
- Ability to quickly write clear and engaging messaging that resonate online
- Strong understanding of usability and accessibility standards and techniques
- Ability to build productive working relationships and operate as part of a collaborative team
- Significant web project management experience with uncanny attention to detail; ability to track, prioritize and execute multiple deliverables in a fast paced environment
- A positive, “can-do” attitude that infuses the team with energy and impact
- Strong values aligned with the David Suzuki Foundation's mission
- French language skills considered an asset
Please submit your cover letter and resume explaining why you are interested in this opportunity by going online to: http://www.davidsuzuki.org/about/employment/ and clicking on the "I'm Interested" link.
The deadline for applications will be 16 August 2015.
We recognize the importance of a diverse workforce and encourage applications from Aboriginal people, members of a visible minority and people with a disability.
In their cover letter, candidates should also clearly indicate if they would meet these following conditions to qualify for funding:
1. A post-secondary graduate (with proof)
2. Between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive)
3. Unemployed or underemployed
4. A Canadian citizen or PR
5. Must not be a current beneficiary of Employment Insurance (EI)
Candidates that do not meet these conditions CAN STILL APPLY AND WILL BE CONSIDERED.