- 600 University Park Pl, Birmingham, AL 35209, USA
Daxko’s mission is to power health and wellness throughout the world. We provide solutions, services, and insights for the health and wellness industry to engage members, deliver delightful experiences, and improve the businesses we serve.
The Accounting Intern will support the Finance Team by kicking out results with a strong work ethic and a self managed attitude. This position will primarily focus on accounts receivable, assisting with billing, and customer payments and inquiries. Occasionally, this position will also assist the team with ad-hoc projects related to financial reporting.
The Accounting Intern reports to the Controller.
- Facilitate swift payment of invoices due to the organization by sending bill reminders and contacting clients with outstanding accounts
- Perform day-to-day financial transactions including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivable data
- Verify discrepancies and resolve clients’ billing issues
- Keep track and process accounts and incoming payments
- Assist in the billing process
- Review customer contracts and update contract management system
- Interact with Customers and provide exceptional customer service
- Assist the team in the monthly revenue review
- Ad-hoc projects assigned by the Controller
- No Travel Required
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles
- Overall willingness to jump in and make a difference
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in progress for Accounting (Junior level or above)
- Basic excel knowledge
- Customer service or customer facing job experience preferred
- Experience with Accounting software preferred
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Our company, with a culture of collaboration, action, and entrepreneurship, has a well-deserved reputation of providing “career defining” opportunities for team members willing to pursue them.
With a high value placed on taking care of our customers and our team members, we have frequently been recognized locally and nationally as best workplaces.
We truly care for our team members, and this is reflected through our offices, full-time benefits, and great perks. Some of our favorites include:
- Flexible paid time off
- Affordable health insurance options
- 8 paid holidays + 1 floating holiday in which team members can take a holiday of their choosing off
- Monthly fitness reimbursement
- 401(k) matching
- Casual work environment
- Plenty of free food and caffeine
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.