Director of Attorney Training and Development - Philadelphia or New York
- 2929 Arch Street
Dechert LLP is a leading international law firm with 26 offices in the United States, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. Founded in 1875, the firm has more than 800 lawyers allowing us the resources to deliver seamless, high-quality legal services to clients wherever they do business.
As part of our commitment to Talent Management and our strategic goal of providing a supportive, high performance culture, Dechert LLP is seeking a Director of Attorney Training and Development.
The Director of Attorney Training and Development will be responsible for overseeing and implementing curriculum and content development and delivery for the Critical Skills Institute, Dechert’s core competency program, assisting with the design and delivery of practice-specific training and coordination of continuing legal education training of the firm’s attorneys.
In collaboration with the Director of Professional Development, practice group leaders, the Firm’s Talent Team and the Associate Development Department, duties include:
Continuing Legal Education (CLE): Coordinate Dechert’s CLE accreditation and administration, including tracking attorney compliance with state-specific requirements, reviewing materials for course approvals and designing and delivering effective in-house CLE programs.
Curriculum and Course Development and Delivery: Based on the firm’s competency framework, practice group input and legal industry best practices, design professional development curricula for attorneys at all levels. Develop and deliver courses and programs, serving as a resource to practice groups to help design practice-specific training, including instructor training for group leaders.
Management and Coordination: Manage planning, organization and delivery of all internal core competency training programs, including faculty recruitment, scheduling, promotion, program logistics and post-program review.
Consulting: Develop consulting tools and resources, including a network of external programs and providers to facilitate the development and delivery of attorney, alumni and client education and training programs. Collaborate with practice groups to assess needs, evaluate training programs and prepare reports on program status, metrics and feedback. Assist in supervising, developing and mentoring the Associate Development staff.
- Juris Doctor preferred. Law firm experience required.
- Relevant and significant experience in a leadership role training and developing lawyers, including designing curricula and component courses.
- Proven track record of achievement in attorney training, including program development and delivery.
- Training and experience in adult-learning theory, professional development trends, external education resources, and CLE rules and regulations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organization, problem-solving, and management skills.
- Outstanding presentation skills and confidence speaking before large groups.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook) and other relevant technology tools, including Micron or other CLE tracking systems, online learning, video streaming and videoconferencing.
- Strong project management and follow-through, organizational skills and detail orientation.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple concurrent projects to coordinate own work.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to attracting a diverse group of the most talented professionals from all sources, regardless of background. We hire men and women with sharp minds, a passion for learning and a strong desire to develop. We want every employee at the firm to feel welcome with an equal opportunity to excel. Thank you for your interest in Dechert LLP.