Dell has expanded its networking solutions with the acquisition of Force10 Networks, Inc., a leader in high-performance datacenter networking. Force10’s networking capabilities complement Dell’s datacenter solutions portfolio, enabling it to offer customers a broader range of enterprise offerings.
The primary responsibilities include design and development of quality software for the NetBSD based Force Ten Operating System (FTOS). This position involves working on enhancements and modifications to the kernel, toolchains, libraries and other free source modules.
- Minimum 12 years embedded software development experience.
- Minimum 12 years hands-on experience working on internals of UNIX-like operating systems (e.g. Linux, NetBSD, FreeBSD).
- Strong C coding skills.
- Must have strong debugging/trouble shooting skills and willingness to step in and help across different development areas.
- Kernel internals (Memory Management, Scheduling, Startup etc).
- Device drivers.
- Debugging tools, profiling, libraries and Filesystems.
- Experience with MIPS/PowerPC/Intel processors.
Additional requirements include experience working in several of the following domains:
- Knowledge and experience in TCP/IP as well as on switching and routing protocols.
- High Availability.
- SMP performance optimization.
- Hypervisor/VM development (VmWare, XEN or KVM).
Makefile and scripting Languages
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.