- New York, NY
Demand Progress is the online activism group that led the fight against the Internet censorship bill, now widely known as SOPA. When we started, we had no members, no money, and when we talked to people about an Internet censorship bill, they thought we were crazy. Now we have over a million members, SOPA is practically a household name, and we're ready to take on our next big challenge.
It's a pretty incredible job: you'll be leading a new lab to try to pioneer totally new ways of thinking about what works in online campaigning. And because it's so experimental, it doesn't require a whole lot of experience--in fact, not having any preconceptions might be a plus. It'd be perfect, for example, for a smart kid straight out of college.
Here's what you do need:
- excellent and flexible writing skills
- an eagerness to learn from data
- lots of energy
- a commitment to helping everyday people take on the rich and powerful
- an innovative and creative mind
- to be a voracious reader, especially of news and tweets
It'd be even better if:
- you're willing to live in NYC
- you're good at managing volunteers
This is an incredible opportunity for anyone looking to make a splash in the world of activism--it's the kind of job I wish I'd had starting out.
We're an equal-opportunity employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.