Administrative Assistant (#900)
- Washington, DC
Design To Delivery Inc (D2DInc) is a minority-owned, woman-owned, 8(a) certified small business. Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, D2DInc is a consulting firm that specializes in helping organizations navigate the government procurement process.
Our experience covers both civilian and defense agencies and a myriad of industries. Our expertise includes strategic planning, business development/marketing, proposal development/management, pricing, contract administration, recruiting, and marketing communications.
For more information on our company, visit our website: www.d2dinc.com.
D2DInc is looking for an Administrative Assistant I to support a government customer. The Administrative Assistant I will perform basic duties to include: front reception desk phone coverage, greeting and escorting visitors, delivery of requested items throughout the duty station as well as to and from offices in the local area and within a 50 mile radius. Additional duties shared by all employees include administrative and clerical functioning such as typing, filing, reproductive services, faxing, packaging for mail, and calendar management for organizational leadership. Some other shared duties include support and assistance with planning, preparation and clean-up for official organizational functions both on location and off-location within a 50-mile radius.
The candidate must be able to perform the following duties:
- Data entry into spreadsheets and databases (mostly using standard language).
- initiating searches within program offices via email and tracking and monitoring the progress of those searches, etc.
- Knowledge of priorities, commitments, policies, and program goals of the supervisor and staff, in order to perform non-routine assignments such as locating and summarizing information from files and documents, as required, or in anticipation of supervisor's needs.
- Knowledge of grammar, punctuation, and spelling, as well as organizational requirements on style and format.
- Familiarity with office filing systems.
- Knowledge of substantive programs of the office to direct inquiries.
- Knowledge of travel regulations and time and attendance procedures to prepare vouchers and reports.
High School Diploma and two years relevant experience required. Must be knowledgeable and skilled in standard office computer programs, specifically Microsoft Word and Excel. Candidate must be able to handle pressure with a positive attitude and work well in teams.
Please include your resume, salary requirements, and cover letter. Relocation expenses will not be paid.
We are an EEO/AA employer.