- Plymouth, MI
Destination Rewards is the industry's most innovative provider of loyalty, incentive and engagement solutions. Since inception in 2001, our goal has always been to drive client results at a fraction of the cost of traditional loyalty and incentive programs. We offer superior technology on a completely customizable platform that includes a robust array of travel, merchandise, gift cards, premium local coupons, daily deals, auctions, sweepstakes, games and more.
At Destination Rewards, the innovation and creativity of our employees keeps our business moving forward. We offer our employees, health, dental, vision, wellness, paid time off, tuition and professional development reimbursement, but most of all we foster a fun and creative atmosphere. If you are interested in a rewarding career, please submit your resume.
Due to the continued growth of Destination Rewards we are seeking to hire a mid-level Java Software Developer who will be responsible for design, installation, testing and maintenance of software systems. The ideal candidate will collaborate with a small team in an agile (scrum) development environment to implement new feature development of our ecommerce rewards marketplace.
Note: We are an agile team dedicated to constantly widening our horizons and mastering new technologies to continuously position our products ahead of any competition. Some of our latest work includes HTML5, Mobile Applications, and Cloud Enabled Infrastructure.
- Participate in collaborative project planning process to ensure we are delivering innovative functionality to continue to separate us from our competitors
- Member of agile development team participating in all phases of the iteration process including planning, design, coding, and demos
- Responsible for designing, developing, testing and maintaining large-scale, web-based software application in a hosted production environment.
- Provide general assistance in the systems design process and through the systems development lifecycle
- Perform other tasks on projects as needed/assigned
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or related field
- Hands on experience with Java/J2EE, JSP, Servlets, EJB, JSTL/Tag Libraries, Linux, Apache, JBoss, Eclipse, SQL
- Experience with agile development practices (Scrum, XP or similar)
- Experience with webservices, JUnit, JDBC, JNDI a plus
- Experience developing Web based solutions for mobile platforms a plus
Respect for clean code, good performance and meaningful documentation
- Knowledge of design patterns and clean code principals
- Strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills
- Excellent collaboration skills and an involved team member
- Have opinions you want to share on technical issues and tools
- Prefer to work in a relaxed, informal “no ego’s” atmosphere.
- You want to make an impact and thrive in small collaborative, energetic teams
- Read up on and experiment with new technologies because it’s in your nature not because it’s a job requirement.
- You don’t just learn how things work, you learn why
A background check is required for this position. We are looking for a dedicated person who wants to grow with the company. Salary history is required to be considered for the position. References will be checked.
Please forward your resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org