- Albany, NY
The DiMarco Group is a full-service development company that applies design and building concepts to meet 21st century building needs. Our specialty is the acquisition, planning, construction and management of commercial and residential properties. The DiMarco Group family of companies also includes DiMarco Constructors, Baldwin Real-Estate, J DiMarco Builders and ADMAR Supply Company.
Reports To: Vice President of Field Operations
Primary Purpose: This position will be responsible for all technical and administrative aspects of the project – from pre-construction preparation through project close out and warranty – ensuring projects are completed in accordance with the approved design, within the established budget, and on time. Duties include the planning, coordination and supervision of all on-site activities; resolution of any and all field problems; and ongoing client and subcontractor relations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Monitoring and enforcement of OSHA safety requirements
· All daily field reporting and photo documentation
· Submittal and RFI processing and management
· Writing subcontractor scopes, establishing schedules of values and pay application processing
· Writing purchase orders and management of the overall Job budget
· Establish overall job schedule and weekly tracking
· Conduct weekly Subcontractor meetings
· Monitor storm water management requirements
· Subcontractor and Owner change orders
· Implement turnover and closeout requirements
· Warranty management
Position Requirements: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required for this position.
- Associates degree, bachelors degree desired.
- Minimum of 3 years commercial construction supervisory experience.
- Experience with fast paced remodeling projects.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability to use scheduling software (e.g. Microsoft Project)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills necessary.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license. Travel required for extended durations.
- Ability to read and thoroughly understand blueprints, civil drawings, shop drawings, geo tech reports and all other types of engineering reports.
- Ability to read, write and understand policies, procedures, contracts and detailed correspondence.
- Ability to effectively communicate with and respond to inquiries from subcontractors, inspectors, architects, Owners and fellow employees.
- Ability to run meetings, and serve as a liaison for DiMarco to regulatory, utility and government representative, Owners, architects, etc.
- Excellent listening skills and strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Operate rough terrain forklifts and platform industrial trucks.
- Knowledge of administrative procedures and systems such as managing email, writing letters and filling out multiple other forms on a computer, managing job files and records, and other office procedures.
- Must be able to work in an outdoor environment which includes: routine walking, talking, sitting, standing, seeing, and the capability of lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Tolerant to working in an atmosphere with exposure to rain, cold, snow, heat, noise, fumes and dust.
- Ability to travel flights of stairs multiple times a day on multi-level projects
WHY WORK FOR DIMARCO?
Because we are part of a larger family of companies, we can put significant resources to work for our clients. Every day, DiMarco people demonstrate why we are leaders in our field with superior planning, competitive pricing and outstanding customer service. Our visionary approach to development includes deployment of the best people, practices and technologies. In addition we use a partnership approach to project management, which results in work that consistently meets and exceeds the expectations of those we serve.
The DiMarco Group is committed to the policy of equal employment opportunity. This policy expressly prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, domestic violence victim status, veteran status or status as a member of any other protected group or activity.