SENIOR NETWORK OPERATIONS ENGINEER
- Toronto, Canada
Digisocial, Inc is a young startup which develops and publishes a social sharing app and service. Launched mid January 2013, the company's app "Digisocial" attained the #1 social networking app position in Australia, United Kingdom and the United States and is growing exponentially. Digisocial is an audio-enabled social sharing app for iOS that lets users create and share "VoicePhotos" --images with optional, stylized filters and high-definition audio recordings. Additionally, users may leave audio comments on any image or text post on the network. VoicePhotos and audio comments may also be exchanged over instant messages and group chats, alongside text.
Digisocial offers the best of social networking: users upload photos with stylized filters, chat with friends, meet new people, search trending topics and images, locate nearby users with similar interests (optional), and more. Digisocial enhances the online social experience with VoicePhotos, allowing members to make their voices heard and connect and share on a deeper level.
To deliver the best social experience, Digisocial offers these features without unnecessary bells and whistles, intrusive advertisements, or paid, promotional content. Furthermore, Digisocial highly values its community and does not track and sell user information to third parties.
The Senior Network Operations Engineer will be primarily responsible for the provision of global incident support through network operations service delivery optimization and service improvement as well as overseeing the operations of the company’s security solutions through management of security solutions and oversight of any vulnerability audits and assessments. They will evaluate and develop technical risk mitigation plans as well as standardize platform and configurations of the network infrastructure. They will be the primary on-call network and IT expert at the main data center. The engineer must be able to follow processes and multitask at a fast pace. The primary objective overall is to maintain high uptime and availability of network services around the globe.
- Provide first class support on all matters related to network operation services
- Maintain and manage the global network communications systems and equipment
- Provide inputs to engineering on new designs as well as design and operations improvements
- Recommend installation, modification or replacement of any hardware or software component or configuration changes that may affect network stability or security
- Support technicians and internal customers
- Support the day to day activities on the network
- Address and resolve routine issues assigned for engineering support
- Installation, configuration, monitoring and response to security systems
- Proactively assess potential items of risk and opportunities of vulnerability in the network
- 8+ years network operations support with emphasis on network operations in large global corporations
- Bachelor Degrees in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or Information Technology with demonstrated analytical, logical and system integration skills
- Provide highly skilled technical assistance in supporting complex network planning, engineering and architecture support, handoff procedures and operational maintenance
- Provide high level support and rapid resolution to network problems
- Solid knowledge of information security principles and practices
- Working experience with intrusion detection systems
- Understanding of advanced security protocols and standards
- Experience with software and security architectures
- Must be located within the Toronto area
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.