Social Media Intern
- Los Angeles, CA
Digital Media Academy (DMA) is a nationally-recognized education and enrichment organization delivering hands-on learning experiences with a broad range of digital media. DMA offers summer camps for kids, teens and also “Pro-Series” courses for adult-learners. Instructors include industry experts, master teachers and award-winning creative professionals. DMA’s teen and adult courses are accredited by Stanford University Continuing Studies and offered for optional Stanford Continuing Studies credit.
Founded in 2001 by a group from Stanford University, DMA is known for its premier summer programs hosted at prominent destination campuses, such as Stanford University, Harvard University, Yale University, the University of Texas, and others. In addition to summer programs, DMA also provides on-site training for schools and companies, and offers a variety of workshops throughout the year in Los Gatos, CA.
For adult-learners, DMA offers various industry certifications in topics like 3D Animation, Film Production, Game Programing, Mobile Device Programing and Web Design, and is also an Apple Authorized Training Center and Adobe Systems Training Partner.
Social Media Photography Internship
- Capture photos of the indoor and outdoor environments and activities (respect campus guidelines for Photography).
- Capture screenshots of student computers.
- Prepare assets with descriptions/captions for DMA’s Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, Twitter, Tumblr, and other accounts to promote DMA’s programs.
- Organize and archive digital assets.
- Choose a course path to spend 1-2 days each to learn, capture, and share the experience of the courses, students, and instructors.
- Weekly interviews showcasing stellar students, exhibiting student projects, and excited parents.
- Weekly photo journal w/ article highlighting a class or camp experience. (Can be related the aforementioned interviews)
- Submit a final project, a creative work showcasing an interesting and exciting part of the academy.
- Review and revise all work with the Internship Coordinator and Community Manager.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
Familiarity with photography and/or videography. Experienced with social media; what differentiates a post that becomes popular opposed to those that are ignored. Excellent written and verbal skills, acute attention to detail, and the ability to work independently as required. Strong interpersonal skills. Experience with Photoshop and Picasa preferred.
• Own photography/videography equipment
• Have reliable transportation to the University location
• Experience with Photoshop and Picasa preferred