Expenses / Accounts Payable Administrator (6 Month FTC)
- Department: Finance
We're a continually growing, innovative and multi-award-winning wholesaler and distributor of communications, cloud, billing and hardware products and services.
We work in a fast-paced and exciting industry, where we have forged strategic partnerships and relationships with the UK's top telcos, networks, and vendors, including BT, TTB, Vodafone, Virgin Media O2, EE, CityFibre, Sophos, Microsoft and Samsung.
As a Channel-only business, we never sell directly to the end-user. Instead, we serve a market of independent resellers, which we proudly refer to as our partners.
We offer our partners a market-leading and comprehensive product portfolio, intuitive portals and platforms and a passionate team of industry experts.
We make a complex industry as simple as possible for our partners, enabling them with a commercial platform to sell the latest technologies and solutions to the resilient UK SMB market.
We have huge aspirations to challenge our industry and what we do, and we continuously dream big for the future. As a team of over 750 people, we're all immensely proud to work for a rapidly expanding company with an incredible culture that puts our team members and partners at the heart of everything we do.
- Location: Nelson (with some home working)
- Salary: £21,500 - £25,000 p.a. DOE
- Contract - 6 Months FTC
About the Team
A dynamic, evolving Finance team who are currently going through a significant internal change, which is both exciting and will result in enhanced financial systems.
About the Role
The role will be primarily to administer the Group expenses system, and process staff expense claims. There may be a requirement to assist the Accounts Payable Administrator in processing AP transactions.
- Staff expense processing
- Ensure compliance with the Group Expense Policy
- Ensure adherence to prevalent HMRC guidelines
- Efficient processing of claims in line with SLAs, meeting the weekly payment deadline
- Promote good practice amongst claimants including maximizing functionality of the tool
- An element of supplier invoice processing as required by the Accounts Payable Team Leader
- Ensure appropriate records are maintained for all transactions in order to support corporate and statutory requirements
- Other adhoc tasks as deemed necessary within the Accounts Payable Team
- Be vigilant for possible fraudulent activity and if necessary, escalate through the relevant channels
- Must have working experience within an Expense processing application
- Previous experience of Accounts Payable processing
- Must have previous experience with Excel and basic reporting
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and prioritise workload effectively
- Effective communication with both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Experience of Sage accounting software
Giacom, DWS and Union Street are part of the same group of companies, bringing together three leading channel solutions in telecoms, cloud software services and cloud billing. Our aspiration is to be the number one supplier in the channel.
Your job role may be focused at one of the brands, but you will interact and impact across the wider group of companies.
What’s in it for you? Why should you come and work for us?
Our benefits consist of; no dress code (you, do you), days off for special life events, work from anywhere concept with occasional travel for training or meetings. Work with and learn from experts in the telecoms industry, a wellbeing and engagement team, 'if you want a career with us then grab it' concept, recognition and team/industry events as well as a whole host of other benefits which can be found on our website www.digitalwholesalesolutions.com on our Careers page.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and we positively encourage applications from all eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy or maternity.
We aim to ensure that all applicants are provided with the same opportunities during the recruitment process, and, to that end, we strive to comply with the duties placed upon us to make reasonable adjustments as prescribed by the Equality Act 2010. Should you have a disability or long-term health condition and require a particular adjustment to be made to allow you to fully participate in the recruitment process, please ensure you let me know.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check, provide two references and proof of right to work in the UK, unrestricted.
Here are some of the benefits that we offer…
- 25 days holidays, plus bank holidays, and the option to purchase more!
- Employees Assistance Programme
- Professional development to help you achieve your personal goals
- Eye care vouchers available and discounted Medicash membership
- Access to discounts and savings at more than 1,200 retailers
- An additional day off on your birthday
For more information on our privacy notice please refer to our Privacy and Cookies Policy by following this link - https://digitalwholesalesolutions.com/privacy-and-cookies-policy/