Lead User Researcher
- Department: Digital
We're a continually growing, innovative and multi-award-winning wholesaler and distributor of communications, cloud, billing and hardware products and services.
We work in a fast-paced and exciting industry, where we have forged strategic partnerships and relationships with the UK's top telcos, networks, and vendors, including BT, TTB, Vodafone, Virgin Media O2, EE, CityFibre, Sophos, Microsoft and Samsung.
As a Channel-only business, we never sell directly to the end-user. Instead, we serve a market of independent resellers, which we proudly refer to as our partners.
We offer our partners a market-leading and comprehensive product portfolio, intuitive portals and platforms and a passionate team of industry experts.
We make a complex industry as simple as possible for our partners, enabling them with a commercial platform to sell the latest technologies and solutions to the resilient UK SMB market.
We have huge aspirations to challenge our industry and what we do, and we continuously dream big for the future. As a team of over 750 people, we're all immensely proud to work for a rapidly expanding company with an incredible culture that puts our team members and partners at the heart of everything we do.
- Department: Product Design & Insight
- Salary: up to £60,000
- Location: Home based
About the Role:
We’re growing and are looking for a Lead User Researcher to join our product design team.
Our vision is to create the best experience possible for our partners, leveraging data to create insight into future products and services that push the boundary of our sector.
You will have an inclusive, user-centred approach and will enjoy adapting and learning at pace. You will be welcomed into a supportive team with plenty of opportunity to collaborate and problem-solve with colleagues and partners across our business.
- Co-ordinating user research activities across different workstreams, ensuring that activities are correlated to the business roadmap.
- Providing senior oversight and support for user research activities and expert advice on methodology, approaches, tools, equipment, quality, and standards across the business
- Ensuring research activities are inclusive, so your findings are reflective of the entire customer base
- Representing user-centred design within the organisation
- Demonstrating to the business the incredible importance of research and how it builds better products and services
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- You are flexible in your approach and embrace a challenge; you might need to come up with new ways of answering research questions quickly and communicating the results in a memorable, impactful way
- Lots of hands-on experience with exploratory and evaluative qualitative research methods, appreciating their limitations and when to apply them appropriately.
- You can run user testing with your eyes closed, regardless of the setting. Whether it’s a remote test, in-person session or a full blown lab environment, this should make you comfortable.
- You've worked in an environment before where you've lead the research and made demonstrable impact on the direction of the product or service
- You're a strong communicator and facilitator. You're able to tell a story so your audience will want to listen to and zoom into detail when needed to help solutions come to life
- Ability to impact assess workload and manage delivery expectations and deadlines appropriately
Giacom, DWS and Union Street are part of the same group of companies, bringing together three leading channel solutions in telecoms, cloud software services and cloud billing. Our aspiration is to be the number one supplier in the channel.
Your job role may be focused at one of the brands, but you will interact and impact across the wider group of companies.
What’s in it for you? Why should you come and work for us?
Our benefits consist of; no dress code (you, do you), Work with and learn from experts in the telecoms industry, a wellbeing and engagement team, 'if you want a career with us then grab it' concept, recognition and team/industry events as well as a whole host of other benefits which can be found on our website www.digitalwholesalesolutions.com on our Careers page.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and we positively encourage applications from all eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy or maternity.
We aim to ensure that all applicants are provided with the same opportunities during the recruitment process, and, to that end, we strive to comply with the duties placed upon us to make reasonable adjustments as prescribed by the Equality Act 2010. Should you have a disability or long-term health condition and require a particular adjustment to be made to allow you to fully participate in the recruitment process, please ensure you let me know.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check, provide two references and proof of right to work in the UK, unrestricted.
Here are some of the benefits that we offer…
- 25 days holidays, plus bank holidays!
- Employees Assistance Programme
- Professional development to help you achieve your personal goals
- Eye care vouchers available and Medicash membership
- Access to discounts and savings at more than 1,200 retailers
- An additional day off on your birthday
For more information on our privacy notice please refer to our Privacy and Cookies Policy by following this link - https://digitalwholesalesolutions.com/privacy-and-cookies-policy/