Senior Software Engineer (.NET)
- Department: Technology
We're a continually growing, innovative and multi-award-winning wholesaler and distributor of communications, cloud, billing and hardware products and services.
We work in a fast-paced and exciting industry, where we have forged strategic partnerships and relationships with the UK's top telcos, networks, and vendors, including BT, TTB, Vodafone, Virgin Media O2, EE, CityFibre, Sophos, Microsoft and Samsung.
As a Channel-only business, we never sell directly to the end-user. Instead, we serve a market of independent resellers, which we proudly refer to as our partners.
We offer our partners a market-leading and comprehensive product portfolio, intuitive portals and platforms and a passionate team of industry experts.
We make a complex industry as simple as possible for our partners, enabling them with a commercial platform to sell the latest technologies and solutions to the resilient UK SMB market.
We have huge aspirations to challenge our industry and what we do, and we continuously dream big for the future. As a team of over 750 people, we're all immensely proud to work for a rapidly expanding company with an incredible culture that puts our team members and partners at the heart of everything we do.
- Department: Software Engineering
- Salary: DOE
- Location: UK or Czech Republic
About the team:
As a result of continued growth, we have opportunities to join our talented pool of software engineers in our development and operations team. You will be helping to drive forward best development practices, implement and build out new features and existing functionality and joining a team which puts quality at the heart of everything it does.
About the role:
This role offers the right candidate and opportunity to further develop their skills across the full stack of software development, working on modern, cloud-based platforms (C#/.NET Core/Azure), utilising modern front-end frameworks (Angular) and taking the software all the way through to deployment.
- C# and .NET core
- Terraform and other IAC tools
- Azure DevOps/ CICD
- Collaborate with other software engineers, business analysts and software architects to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain existing and new applications
- Communicate progress of work, challenges & design decisions during relevant agile ceremonies keeping appropriate scrum/Kanban boards up to date
- Participate and engage in key with agile practices, refinement, planning and retrospectives
- Develop high standards of code which adhere to best practice staying abreast of latest industry techniques and thinking
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions
- Working closely with relevant stakeholders such as Product Owners, Business Analysts and Scrum Masters to produce accurate delivery estimates, early-stage discovery, risks, and challenges to enable meaningful decisions to be made
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Significant experience and knowledge of Microsoft .NET stack & technologies
- Knowledge and proven experience of working in agile environments.
- Knowledge and proven experience of software architecture, frameworks, and design patterns.
- Proven experience of working with Azure Dev Ops, JIRA or equivariant tracking tool
- Proven experience of delivering software into SaaS / Cloud
- Hands on
- Solid commutations skills both written and verbal
- Have a passion for building high quality software
- Collaborator and team player
- Flexible can-do attitude and approach
- Experience of Continuous Delivery / Agile engineering methods
- Experience of CI / CD and test automation including performance testing
- Experience of deployment into Azure or AWS.
- Experience of working with remote teams
- Experience developing Web Service/API’s (SOAP/REST)
- Good understanding on secure coding practices
Giacom, DWS and Union Street are part of the same group of companies, bringing together three leading channel solutions in telecoms, cloud software services and cloud billing. Our aspiration is to be the number one supplier in the channel.
Your job role may be focused at one of the brands, but you will interact and impact across the wider group of companies.
What’s in it for you? Why should you come and work for us?
Our benefits consist of; no dress code (you, do you), work from anywhere concept with occasional travel for training or meetings. Work with and learn from experts in the telecoms industry, a wellbeing and engagement team, 'if you want a career with us then grab it' concept, recognition and team/industry events as well as a whole host of other benefits which can be found on our website www.digitalwholesalesolutions.com on our Careers page.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and we positively encourage applications from all eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy or maternity.
We aim to ensure that all applicants are provided with the same opportunities during the recruitment process, and, to that end, we strive to comply with the duties placed upon us to make reasonable adjustments as prescribed by the Equality Act 2010. Should you have a disability or long-term health condition and require a particular adjustment to be made to allow you to fully participate in the recruitment process, please ensure you let me know.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check, provide two references and proof of right to work in the UK, unrestricted.
Here are some of the benefits that we offer…
- 25 days holidays, plus bank holidays, and the option to purchase more!
- Employees Assistance Programme
- Professional development to help you achieve your personal goals
- Eye care vouchers available and discounted Medicash membership
- Access to discounts and savings at more than 1,200 retailers
- An additional day off on your birthday
For more information on our privacy notice please refer to our Privacy and Cookies Policy by following this link - https://digitalwholesalesolutions.com/privacy-and-cookies-policy/