.NET Team Lead
- Department: Technology
We're a continually growing, innovative and multi-award-winning wholesaler and distributor of communications, cloud, billing and hardware products and services.
We work in a fast-paced and exciting industry, where we have forged strategic partnerships and relationships with the UK's top telcos, networks, and vendors, including BT, TTB, Vodafone, Virgin Media O2, EE, CityFibre, Sophos, Microsoft and Samsung.
As a Channel-only business, we never sell directly to the end-user. Instead, we serve a market of independent resellers, which we proudly refer to as our partners.
We offer our partners a market-leading and comprehensive product portfolio, intuitive portals and platforms and a passionate team of industry experts.
We make a complex industry as simple as possible for our partners, enabling them with a commercial platform to sell the latest technologies and solutions to the resilient UK SMB market.
We have huge aspirations to challenge our industry and what we do, and we continuously dream big for the future. As a team of over 750 people, we're all immensely proud to work for a rapidly expanding company with an incredible culture that puts our team members and partners at the heart of everything we do.
- Department: Software Engineering
- Salary: up to £70,000 D.O.E
- Location: Homebased
About the Role
The purpose of this role is to provide both the technical leadership for change within a given area or platform and to advocate for a talented team of software engineers. You will be both player and coach dividing your time 80/20 between hands on delivery and team duties.
- Provides technical leadership within one or more platforms or projects to ensure best possible value solutions and outcomes are achieved.
- Collaborate with other software engineers, business analysts and software architects to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain existing and new applications.
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing and promoting good practices and habits. Staying abreast of latest industry techniques and thinking.
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Working closely with relevant stakeholders such as Product Owners, Business Analysts and Scrum Masters to produce accurate delivery estimates, early-stage discovery, risks, and challenges to enable meaningful roadmaps and commercial decisions to be made.
- Continuously seeking ways to improve quality, value for money, customer experience and optimising team productivity.
- Line manager and advocate for a team of software engineers, performing regular 1-to-1s, managing individual level commutation, annual leave, absence and escalating any issues to engineering manager where necessary.
- Responsible either directly or indirectly for the coaching, mentoring and development of your team members as well as working with engineering management to monitor and measure performance where necessary.
- Recruitment, Interviewing assessing technical and team fit suitability of candidates and making recommendations to hiring managers.
- Strong experience and knowledge of Microsoft .NET stack & technologies
- Technical leadership within software engineering and delivery space.
- Building & fostering high performing teams and positive cultures.
- Solid knowledge of Agile engineering principles & practices.
- Solid knowledge of software architecture, frameworks, and design patterns.
- Experience of working with Azure Dev Ops, JIRA or equivariant tracking tool.
- Experience of delivering software into SaaS / Cloud
- Experience of Continuous Delivery / Agile engineering methods
- Experience of CI / CD and test automation including performance testing
- Experience of deployment into Azure or AWS.
- Servant leadership style.
Giacom, DWS and Union Street are part of the same group of companies, bringing together three leading channel solutions in telecoms, cloud software services and cloud billing. Our aspiration is to be the number one supplier in the channel.
Your job role may be focused at one of the brands, but you will interact and impact across the wider group of companies.
What’s in it for you? Why should you come and work for us?
Our benefits consist of; no dress code (you, do you), Work with and learn from experts in the telecoms industry, a wellbeing and engagement team, 'if you want a career with us then grab it' concept, recognition and team/industry events as well as a whole host of other benefits which can be found on our website www.digitalwholesalesolutions.com on our Careers page.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and we positively encourage applications from all eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy or maternity.
We aim to ensure that all applicants are provided with the same opportunities during the recruitment process, and, to that end, we strive to comply with the duties placed upon us to make reasonable adjustments as prescribed by the Equality Act 2010. Should you have a disability or long-term health condition and require a particular adjustment to be made to allow you to fully participate in the recruitment process, please ensure you let me know.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check, provide two references and proof of right to work in the UK, unrestricted.
Here are some of the benefits that we offer…
- 25 days holidays, plus bank holidays!
- Employees Assistance Programme
- Professional development to help you achieve your personal goals
- Eye care vouchers available and Medicash membership
- Access to discounts and savings at more than 1,200 retailers
- An additional day off on your birthday
For more information on our privacy notice please refer to our Privacy and Cookies Policy by following this link - https://digitalwholesalesolutions.com/privacy-and-cookies-policy/